• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will The New York International Auto Show Have A Positive Impact On Em?

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see the glass half full, so I think it will have a positive impact on both reservations and funding, but do some here disagree or heard something that strengthens my belief.

The truth is that I really do believe that if we keep the faith it will happen, so I really don't have any factual information to back up by belief.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see the glass half full, so I think it will have a positive impact on both reservations and funding, but do some here disagree or heard something that strengthens my belief.

The truth is that I really do believe that if we keep the faith it will happen, so I really don' have any factual information to back up by belief.
Well in one sentence you summed up the story-
"truth"
Think"
"believe"
"faith"
"I really don't have....""information"
"facts" are well enjoyed when validated. !
EVERYTHING else to me at this point doesn't matter 40k-100k, dash,gas cap, weight, wheel size, % of cups filled etc etc. I (and many others) just want to hear those five little words that will have me walking on air!! "hey, your house or mine" lol
"The financing has been secured"

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The coil over shocks were moved from the diagonal position outside of the body to a vertical position "inside" the body. Could this have been a mistake? Not if the only important thing is fuel economy. But is that the only thing that is important? Many people like how the elio looks and the external coil over shocks look so good. They would gladly give up a few mpg to have them. I am one of them, several of you are too, and several reporters at the NY auto show are also like that. Have you noticed how much attention was given to the sleek autos? External shock configuration like on the P3 would be appealing to many people and also attracted the attention of more reporters. MPG is great but not everything.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The coil over shocks were moved from the diagonal position outside of the body to a vertical position "inside" the body. Could this have been a mistake? Not if the only important thing is fuel economy. But is that the only thing that is important? Many people like how the elio looks and the external coil over shocks look so good. They would gladly give up a few mpg to have them. I am one of them, several of you are too, and several reporters at the NY auto show are also like that. Have you noticed how much attention was given to the sleek autos? External shock configuration like on the P3 would be appealing to many people and also attracted the attention of more reporters. MPG is great but not everything.
That was the actual "look" that captured me. It reminded me of the Prowler, and thought it was gonna be about 20-25k, within minutes of seeing the clip and price, and having to give up biking- I was all in.- THEN I started to follow the project.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Design ideas are so very subjective. Personally I prefer the pushrod suspension as I have always wanted a vehicle with a pushrod suspension along the lines of those used in many race cars and this is about as close as I have been able to find at an affordable price. I would bet I could find a good number of those reporters who also have the same take on this as I do. I am also sure we could find car people who do not care and who like the vehicle both ways. Even among the few people who might care about such things there are obviously different takes on the matter. Anyway I did not see the P3 sitting next to the P4 in NYC to compare the designs so I doubt these thoughts really occurred to the vast majority of people seeing the vehicle at the show including members of the automotive press.

It is impossible for EM to please everyone so they do not even try do so. Instead EM generally tries to make decisions which will at the very least not be objectionable to most buyers. In this case choosing to move the shock inboard to improve MPG must have been a very easy choice as it should be obvious that the vast majority of vehicle buyers could not care less how or where the shock is mounted while one of the biggest items drawing people to EM are the fuel efficiency figures.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Design ideas are so very subjective. Personally I prefer the pushrod suspension as I have always wanted a vehicle with a pushrod suspension along the lines of those used in many race cars and this is about as close as I have been able to find at an affordable price. I would bet I could find a good number of those reporters who also have the same take on this as I do. I am also sure we could find car people who do not care and who like the vehicle both ways. Even among the few people who might care about such things there are obviously different takes on the matter. Anyway I did not see the P3 sitting next to the P4 in NYC to compare the designs so I doubt these thoughts really occurred to the vast majority of people seeing the vehicle at the show including members of the automotive press.

It is impossible for EM to please everyone so they do not even try do so. Instead EM generally tries to make decisions which will at the very least not be objectionable to most buyers. In this case choosing to move the shock inboard to improve MPG must have been a very easy choice as it should be obvious that the vast majority of vehicle buyers could not care less how or where the shock is mounted while one of the biggest items drawing people to EM are the fuel efficiency figures.
I am not saying it was a mistake to mount the shocks inboard. I am asking that as a question. The vehicle is appealing to people who like fuel economy and to people who like the sporty look. What is the optimal balance is difficult to say. If the P4 had diagonal shocks would it have garnered more attention? That is difficult to say also. There are reporters there who like both economy and sporty appearance.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The elio vehicle is unique. It appeals to both economy minded people and to sporty minded people. Few vehicle achieve this. Determining the optimal balance of both for maximum sales is difficult. I hope they have designed it so people can add the diagonal coil-over-shocks as after market items if they wish. This vehicle is extremely unique.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That was the actual "look" that captured me. It reminded me of the Prowler, and thought it was gonna be about 20-25k, within minutes of seeing the clip and price, and having to give up biking- I was all in.- THEN I started to follow the project.

Looks are ok but not a deal maker or breaker for me.
I'm more a "form follows function" kind of guy more than anything else. As we kill time waiting for the 5 magic words RU mentioned. He makes a good point in that none of us have anything really new to talk about to that end. The New York Auto show is and the CES 2015 are really large positive and encouraging boosts along the way. So we still wait for the smart money to find us to push Elio over the top. Perhaps If I go back and look as what brought me to the Elio possibly edify somewhat why Elio is a really good investment for us and even better for the deep pockets too.

They always say if you invest follow the money. Perhaps we might get some Idea of the magnitude of the fuel industry by picturing all other types of investments and industry as but an island. The oil industry would then be the sea that the rest or the world depends on. To put it simply the Oil industry exchanges more money in a day than the entire stock market trades in a week or even a month. One of my mentors finally got this across to me by constantly retorting; Go research the richest people you can find and I will show you that you've never really seen wealth until you've seen "Texas RIch". Sure there are the fabulously rich but nothing else comes close to Texas Rich and all because of worlds appetite for Oil. My only point here is to illustrate how important and huge oil a gas industry really is. What's more Most News of late has once again completely debunked the fear of running out. "Peak Oil " scare campaigns are a farse.
To put it plainly gas continues to be the most dense (full of BTUs) and usable power for foreseeable future. So My money is on the guy who makes the best use of it, Paul Elio. You gotta know Big money knows this too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom