• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I am still 10/10. Delays are disappointing but I get it. There is no way anyone can convince me this is a scam or a con, regardless of whether the Elio is produced or not. No one spends as much money on developement, facility, building an engine, marketing (tour), PR, etc and doesn't plan to produce. Might things fail? Always a possibility. But too much points me to conclude that every effort is being made to make this successful. TIme will tell if that effort is enough.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I am still 10/10. Delays are disappointing but I get it. There is no way anyone can convince me this is a scam or a con, regardless of whether the Elio is produced or not. No one spends as much money on developement, facility, building an engine, marketing (tour), PR, etc and doesn't plan to produce. Might things fail? Always a possibility. But too much points me to conclude that every effort is being made to make this successful. TIme will tell if that effort is enough.
I whole hearty agree with you, and we have so much information this is what happen every Friday from EM e-mail we get every Friday evening. also you will find ton of information on online what is going on weather it is positive or negative.... I still have hope production will happen...and hope is a good things...:):):rolleyes:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
... "there is only do or can't do, there is no try" ......
I argue with those that have a "percentage" belief scale, you either do or you don't there is no middle ground to belief.

yoda.jpg

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A while back a merger between the company I work for and another large company was planned it was a done deal. Both companies stock were skyrocketing betting on what was to come. It looked like a win- win deal and those at the top would walk away with sinful amounts of money.
Then head lines they both pulled the deal. no reason given just not going to happen..
Just because some thing should be done does not mean it will be. Just because some thing is a good idea does not mean anyone will fund it.
I have a lot of reason I want to se the ELIO built. Not because I have $1000 all in. I think it is a good idea a new path in Personal transportation.
I am involved in a project close to home 120 mile round trip. Normally if the drive is a hour or more I stay in a motel. Driving home I was thinking what it would have been like making this same drive at this time next year in My Elio. How much more fun t would have been and twice the fuel mileage.
Now I can afford to buy gas. If I wanted to I could drive a gas drinking SUV. I choose not to. I want my Elio.
Not one word of what I have said changes the facts , ELIO does not have anywhere near the capital it needs to put the ELIO on the road.
I will not stop hoping they can find it. If they show any signs of producing a better business plan I will go all in for another. I have a granddaughter driving she would love one now that she fully understands the cost of gas.
I did not get where I am today playing it safe. I however have survived by not believing in fairy tales.
Emotion and Intellect gifts from God that in balance keep life interesting.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... "there is only do or can't do, there is no try" ......
I argue with those that have a "percentage" belief scale, you either do or you don't there is no middle ground to belief.
Is Paul Elio an American or an American't? The trying answer mid 2016.

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio someday being produced 10/10. How (money) & when (date of production) I don't care to speculate. I know it won't happen before we need another vehicle, so I laid down some bucks on a used Subaru yesterday. A loaded Elios worth. We have 18+ months to bring the vehicle account back up and buy our Elios if production happens. In the mean time we'll enjoy the lower gas prices, nice weather (62 here today) and this forum!:)
I know the feeling. I have been nursing my vehicle, hoping I can get another 30,000 miles out of it until the Elio becomes reality, but now, timing belt, and brakes are making this impossible. That is $1200.00 that would have gone to Elio Motors, and the vehicle would go to the Crusher. I will push the envelope, and hope the timing belt does'nt go, adding a $70.00 tow bill to the loss'.

Top Bottom