• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That link was about Elio and CR not Tesla.. Tesla is no golf cart that's for sure!

It’s obvious this guy is totaly big 3. I was talking about the cars at the end of the page and his last sentences.

Don’t remember me saying anything about Tesla.

"If all of this sounds familiar, it should. Corbin Motors proposed such a car in 2003. It produced a few hundred examples of its electric Sparrow and had a V-twin gas-engine model called Merlin on the drawing board before it went under. And X-Prize contender Aptera had a daring three-wheel concept with electric power and proposed building a hybrid. Both "cars" had much higher prices than the Elio, and obviously neither came to fruition.

We'll be interested to see if Elio manages to avoid the same fate, and if it finds enough drivers looking for cheap and unusual transportation".

I find I get less grief, if I read an article before I comment on it in a forum.

Last edited:

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It’s obvious this guy is totaly big 3. I was talking about the cars at the end of the page and his last sentences.

Don’t remember me saying anything about Tesla.

"If all of this sounds familiar, it should. Corbin Motors proposed such a car in 2003. It produced a few hundred examples of its electric Sparrow and had a V-twin gas-engine model called Merlin on the drawing board before it went under. And X-Prize contender Aptera had a daring three-wheel concept with electric power and proposed building a hybrid. Both "cars" had much higher prices than the Elio, and obviously neither came to fruition.

We'll be interested to see if Elio manages to avoid the same fate, and if it finds enough drivers looking for cheap and unusual transportation".

I find I get less grief, if I read an article before I comment on it in a forum.
Actually we have 2 Nissans, 2008 Sentra & a 2012 Rogue plus my 97 F150 which has seen better days . I did read the article but had Tesla on the brain lol. For the record I want Elio to make it as I have $100 all in invested. If gas were cheap I'd still be driving big trucks as I still like them and have owned 4 full size pickups. We are somewhat green here and have heated with wood for over 25 years. Both of the wood stoves I've owned burned cleanly and are EPA compliant.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Range" is misleading...my Dakota that gets 16mpg can go really far with a 100 gallon fuel tank.

I went for 4/10 because of the repeated push back in the "announced" production date. I also doubt it will happen/succeed because of the childish business strategy... and have a fascination with a Facebook site as marketing campaign.
It's 2014, social media is the "new" norm for advertising and building your brand. Without Facebook I would have never heard of Elio Motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So Facebook and Wood Burning forums...that is my point. You only heard of it by accident. Of the millions of people in this country, 95% have not heard of the Elio. By any measurement that is a poor
It's 2014, social media is the "new" norm for advertising and building your brand. Without Facebook I would have never heard of Elio Motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would venture a guess that after five years, 90% of Americans still don't know of the Elio. If that is somewhat accurate, then I would surmise that social media (Facebook) is not very effective as a marketing tool. If it was, then you would see all companies using it as their chief source of marketing. Hope that consumers learn of your product "purely by accident" is really a bad marketing strategy. True they are after the younger generation and that may be a good way to reach them, but when I went to see the P3, most of the people there were over 40.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a marketing guy, but there are many here who are and I'd like to hear from them. How many companies sell their products only by Facebook and word of mouth?

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So Facebook and Wood Burning forums...that is my point. You only heard of it by accident. Of the millions of people in this country, 95% have not heard of the Elio. By any measurement that is a poor

I would venture a guess that after five years, 90% of Americans still don't know of the Elio. If that is somewhat accurate, then I would surmise that social media (Facebook) is not very effective as a marketing tool. If it was, then you would see all companies using it as their chief source of marketing. Hope that consumers learn of your product "purely by accident" is really a bad marketing strategy. True they are after the younger generation and that may be a good way to reach them, but when I went to see the P3, most of the people there were over 40.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a marketing guy, but there are many here who are and I'd like to hear from them. How many companies sell their products only by Facebook and word of mouth?

I'd like to see Elio buy magazine ads in major car and motorcycle magazines as well as tv commercials eventually. When the reserved people get their cars, that will do a lot to promote the company. I don't mind people asking questions about the car. Also, they really need to go to the major auto shows like Detroit and LA ASAP. I know spots are expensive but they get great media coverage. To sell this, they need an aggressive marketing team. Elio really needs to go to Sema 2014 too. Just my .02

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You got me thinking about advanced reservations. Can you imagine the on-line rush to "bump up" the deposit amounts that will happen when something really big happens at the plant. I foresee everyone going all in for $1000 at some point. I just wonder what that point will be?

I wonder when they will stop offering the 50% bonus on advanced reservations?

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You got me thinking about advanced reservations. Can you imagine the on-line rush to "bump up" the deposit amounts that will happen when something really big happens at the plant. I foresee everyone going all in for $1000 at some point. I just wonder what that point will be?

I wonder when they will stop offering the 50% bonus on advanced reservations?

Yeah I wonder that too. My plan was to bump up to $1000 when they get real close to production. We'll see. I need a confidence boost before I put more money in here as $1000 is a lot of money

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is interesting to hear all the different view points here. The fact that many of us heard about Elio from entirely different sources says a lot for Elio. Since I have not watched TV since 2003 I don't want my Elio price paying for TV ads. I don't do Facebook so am unfamiliar with whether there is expense involved there. However, I do have a lot of experience with word of mouth and have seen it work both ways. Good word of mouth - thumbs up. Bad word of mouth - thumbs down. I am more than willing to have a magnetic Elio sign on my car to help promote it until I have the car itself. Then I think the car will promote itself big time. In the meantime I will wait for my bumper sticker to arrive and I will use it and my t-shirt as a small step towards promoting Elio. I am still at a 10/10 and am proud of it. :-) Z

Top Bottom