• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will Production Begin?

ArthurKent

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I have yet to figure out why anyone would be concerned about when production will begin.
Are these people expecting their car to collapse on Sept 14th, 2015, or something?
How can anyone's life possibly be affected by when Elio Motors starts production?
Makes zero sense why a person would claim to be concerned about it.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have yet to figure out why anyone would be concerned about when production will begin.
Are these people expecting their car to collapse on Sept 14th, 2015, or something?
How can anyone's life possibly be affected by when Elio Motors starts production?

People have money riding on this. For many people this car would triple their MPGs and save them a ton of money. For some the money may not mean much, but for others the savings would be huge.

"Affected" could depend on who you ask. You don't get concerned when deadlines in general are pushed back? I do, and many others do.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score

For the record: I have two cars (a car and a truck actually) that are about to fall apart and I intent to keep them running until the day I get my Elio.
Then I'll give away both.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I take the delay in the start of production to be a good thing. One: I'll be able to save up the coin to purchase the Elio outright, no matter what options I feel I need to have. TWO: Politics aside, I firmly believe they are taking the time to do it all to the best of their abilities and have a vehicle that won't be a pile of parts slapped together just to get your/our money. THREE: By that time they will come to their senses and have YELLOW as a color option.

Eliometer

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
My current car is really starting to nickel-and-dime me. My income can't support a new car payment and the thought of buying yet another used car is so tedious. The Elio will very likely be an "only" car for the hubby and me, so yes, I'm eagerly anticipating the start of production and hoping my Hyundai can make it until then without a large repair.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My current car is really starting to nickel-and-dime me. My income can't support a new car payment and the thought of buying yet another used car is so tedious. The Elio will very likely be an "only" car for the hubby and me, so yes, I'm eagerly anticipating the start of production and hoping my Hyundai can make it until then without a large repair.
Same here. Elio will be a "replacement" car for us. No more kids to haul around, we rent a car when we go for out of state trips (although we would love to show off our Elio on those long drives) and most importantly, my wife does not mind being a passenger although she's getting her own Elio once I receive mine, stick shift no less!;)

Top Bottom