• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will Production Begin?

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just saw a Pep Boys commercial. Looks like we Elio owners will get screwed again. They have a special on now. If you buy three tires, you get the fourth one free!!! No place to put a spare.
sure I do, in my shed!. Or turn around and sell it off Craigslist, E-bay...

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Jeff, .....the $750 delivery fee and the small dealer prep fee..which will add about a $1000 to the price with no options...
what if we pick it up at the factory? I am only 200 miles away.. I can fly down and drive mine home.. and be over the break-in period at the same time!

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DScott, I asked that exact question to Jerome at the OKC show. That is what Mr. Elio wants to do, kind of a program with the city, hotels, airlines, etc..Sales is against it...I bet there will be some kind of program for the factory pick ups. Now when a vehicle comes off the line, it is not pretty, and has to be cleaned up and the engine checked out, make sure the plugs wires are on..so the factory would have to have some kind of detail shop there..plus the purchasing of your elio, a trip ticket to get it to your state, and a few other things have to be done. I bet there will be a cost for that. Might have to be a state dealers license required for EM.

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DScott, I asked that exact question to Jerome at the OKC show. That is what Mr. Elio wants to do, kind of a program with the city, hotels, airlines, etc..Sales is against it...I bet there will be some kind of program for the factory pick ups. Now when a vehicle comes off the line, it is not pretty, and has to be cleaned up and the engine checked out, make sure the plugs wires are on..so the factory would have to have some kind of detail shop there..plus the purchasing of your elio, a trip ticket to get it to your state, and a few other things have to be done. I bet there will be a cost for that. Might have to be a state dealers license required for EM.
I know they originally said people with reservations can tour the factory and pick up their Elio at the factory.. that's my plan.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They originally said I would be driving my elio this summer. The factory will not be ready for 14-15 months, if it happens at all..!

Top Bottom