1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

What Milage Would You Accept To Get Your Elio?

Discussion in 'Elio Drivetrain' started by Tre', Oct 30, 2018.

1. wizard of ahs

wizard of ahs Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    SIL 18112
    I plan on taking mine along the old "Route 66" :)

xtspode and booboo like this.
  2. wizard of ahs

wizard of ahs Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    SIL 18112
    He stated LRR.................Long Range Rifle :p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  3. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    "Production hell" probably won't hit Elio like it has Tesla. The reason is that the production line is already in place and was established and capable of producing 533 vehicles per 8 hours of line run-time. The Elio is much more simple to produce. The individual jobs on the production line are relatively simple. They won't exactly be recreating the wheel in Shreveport.

ehwatt and Maurtis like this.
  4. Terrimom40

Terrimom40 Elio Enthusiast

Appearently the elio is not much more simple, I can fill my empty garage space with a Tesla as I type.

5. Ty

Ty Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    The Elio will obviously be more simple than the Tesla. Elio doesn't have billions to get the company started so it'll take more time to get started producing... obviously.

6. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

I wish life was that easy. Tesla was not reinventing the wheel either with the Model 3. It's build like any sedan on the market today and actually simpler. It's that every expert in the business knew what was going to happen and it did. Going from building around 10K-20K units per year is easy. Going to 20K+ is the challenge. Tesla ran into that challenge and I know that they thought, having all of the latest equipment, hiring the best of the best in the automotive industry and using blue chip suppliers was going to be a turn key operation. It obviously was not and Tesla had about 10 years of making cars behind them.

The Elio is not any simpler to make than let's say a Nissan Versa or Mitsu Mirage. If it is, I'd like to know how. You have to remember, it's not just building the car physically but it's things like human resources, suppliers and supply chain management. This is something Elio Motors has little on hand experience with. They have one guy that has any manufacturing experience. So, they will need to be hiring a bunch of people soon and currently, the best of the best are already employed. They will have to be wooed away with a larger salary.

Just because they have a current plant does not give them instant success. That would be like if you got Jimmy Johnson's car and all of the equipment minus the crew. Then thought you could go out and win a race because he did.

Elio Amazed, RUCRAYZE and Maurtis like this.
  7. Philjoemill

Philjoemill New Member

Reservation #:
    4762, 4768
    About '95 I drove my '90 Civic from Chicago up to Vail, Co. non stop. I gassed up in Vail from empty and found out I got 53 MPG. This was driving at 60-65 mph with three amplifiers, a 15" sub, four 6.5" mid bass, two four inch with front mounted tweeters and two bass shakers under the seats. I do not think achieving over 80 mpg should be all that difficult. I will be happy with whatever they come up with. I would be happier if they gave the option of optimal mileage or performance (a supercharger would aid in both set ups). I will be ecstatic when it comes to be.

8. RUCRAYZE

RUCRAYZE Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    7013, $100.00 all-in, $100.00 Want-in, (Long after I'm gone I'll let the kids fight it out
    I think it was Coss that posted an electric rumble sound off the radio to fill the need of open pipes.

9. RUCRAYZE

RUCRAYZE Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    7013, $100.00 all-in, $100.00 Want-in, (Long after I'm gone I'll let the kids fight it out
    ME? I'd have to stop and pee every few hours from all the vibs!

Philjoemill and Rickb like this.
  10. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

The SoundRacer. Although, I like the ultra quiet Arcimoto, I may get one just for shock value when drag racing 3wheelin’s SOLO off the line or cruisin through a quiet Elio owner’s neighborhood that needs a little excitement, and rides with my Harley owner brother.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Trusting, Husker1 and RUCRAYZE like this.