• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Age Buyers?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah, there's the problem... ;)
It is the Elio Marketing Team not BIG Auto's. Elio has a little different business model in that they are doing what Chip Stempeck, Marketing VP said they would be doing 5 years ago and should hold true for future plans. I'm guessing their 5 Year Business Plan includes some brainstorming about future Elio luxury, sport, and/or EV model options. Their overall philosophy regarding affordable quality, increased mpg, and safety shouldn't change in building autocycles. Also, I'm guessing Elio's success will bring competition to the market and Elio will market hard to remain leader of the Pack.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is the Elio Marketing Team not BIG Auto's. Elio has a little different business model in that they are doing what Chip Stempeck, Marketing VP said they would be doing 5 years ago
Like producing 250,000 cars a month by Summer 2014?

When I signed up I was promised an Elio by this time. I knew it was bunk then because it was marketing. Marketing = telling you what you want to hear. Never, ever trust marketing or anybody who has "marketing" as part of their title. Use your brain instead.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes everyone!! I am so excited to get one of these! My wife and will be both using it as a commuter csr. I work weekdays and she works weekend so this thing will be getting some miles on it! Eager to see what my number is. I had put $100 down a while back but just recently forked over the other $900.
Congratulations, now you can expect to get your number after the Labor Day weekend

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I was using my brain........I wouldn't have a reservation deposit on a never seen, never sat in, never test driven would be, first year, unproven model concept vehicle, from a new startup manufacturer................very unlike me to do so. Marketing had nothing to do with it other than the image of the Elio Styling I saw 5 years ago when I just said damn that looks like a fun ride.........and never believed it would be a production vehicle at the time. Boom! five years later............Eliomania at 67!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I honestly think that a lot of young buyers will look into this as a first car. maybe a first part time job transport. I know I would have loved something like this a few years ago. plus the looks of the car set it apart from other vehicles which does make it more intriguing for younger people not to mention the price point and warranty at that. I should know I'm only 20 and took the plunge for all in and am waiting on my number atm.
Wesley, welcome to the forum and to this eclectic group of future Elio owners. The forum has the latest information on all aspects of the Elio and will provide you with plenty of information and hours of entertainment. Welcome and enjoy the Elio experience.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just put the remainder of my $1k all-in reservation in. Will be happy to get my number hopefully in less than a few weeks.

And to keep on topic :), I'm 30 and plan to use the car as a daily commuter in an effort to keep miles off my more expensive family vehicle.
Congratulations and having a number is like the Charlie Brown character Linus having his security blanket.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Next month I will be 70, but I lost 20 years to "Vietnam Syndrome" so I am really coming up on 50.
I first saw this car in 2009 and it was lumped in with a bunch of other prototypes electric solar, etc.
I liked it then. When it popped up in a video on my iPhone in June of this year as a plausible, possibility within the next two years This old frogie jumped.
MK

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like producing 250,000 cars a month by Summer 2014?

When I signed up I was promised an Elio by this time. I knew it was bunk then because it was marketing. Marketing = telling you what you want to hear. Never, ever trust marketing or anybody who has "marketing" as part of their title. Use your brain instead.

Umm, don't you mean 250,000 cars per year? :)

Top Bottom