• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Age Buyers?

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That picture was taken 6 years ago. Unless she's 11 in the photo, he's fine to call her at this point...
Though he may go broke with long distance charges to Italy trying to track her down!
Somehow I expected "my girl" to generate a response; actually was just hoping to see "likes" so as not to get off topic.

I'm not too sure about the reference to Italy. Maybe she looks Italian, maybe the bike looks Italian. However, she (the bike, that is) is not Italian, and she ("my girl") does not look Japanese. The bike is a Yamaha.

BillZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a Suzuki Burgmann to me. My wife has a white one that resembles that image really closely.

Back on topic: I'm 58 and not looking back. Ready for a new adventure with my Elio

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That picture was taken in 2008 at the EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, Italy.
Never underestimate the skills of fellow elioowners members. Nice to know. Now for closure on this matter, and to respond to BillZ. Here is a photo of a Suzuki Burgman, and behind it my Yamaha Majesty . Yes. very similar lines.

Yamaha and Suzuki.jpg

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am 60, but since I have to provide a car to my daughter and son (30 and 29), they will be driving one(s) too, until fully employed and paying their own way. Then I suspect they won't be able to afford anything else. Do they count? Not for this forum maybe.
But I suspect there will be many 'gifts' like that made toward adult children. That younger group is very money challenged and often not even looking into it at the moment. So, if they are in that situation they don't risk deposits on their own money. Having ready lending will be very important to them.

I am 68, but don't understand the thought of having to provide a car and many such gifts toward adult children. Never to me from my Father (I bought my first car at 16.......the '59 VW was the car I could afford working PT while in high school not the car I wanted) and certainly not from me to my adult children.

I don't either. I'm 34 and have been fending for myself for many years, not to mention through college and even HS (minus my parents paying for car insurance). I don't understand why children this old would need much if any assistance...

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wife will be 56 in 18 days, I'll be 58 in 35 days! Now that's chronological age, :( mentally I'm still in my 30's, :cool:physically in my 40's, ( working on that one ) :) emotionally depending on the day and situation between my terrible two,s and 90's. :rolleyes: Old enough to know better, young enough to try it anyway! ;)

Top Bottom