• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Things Still Up In The Air ...

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The only one I'll respond to at the moment is #1. Body Panels on the Elio must be made of some type of plastic or composite material. Several advantages and more flexibility than metal.
As per Elio Motors:
Elio.jpe

Elio Motors Customer Service (Elio Motors)

Jul 19, 09:02 EDT

Hello Coss,
Thanks for reaching out with your concerns
Sheet molded composite is still the design direction but we are looking at other materials, i.e. steel and other automotive skin materials that could help us make the vehicle better, safer, more reliable and improve upon our four tenets. All changes and potential improvements must fit within our four tenets and our existing timeline to be considered.

Thanks,
Elio Team

I followed up again after that and there is a possibility that the outside body panels might end up being steel; but it has not been a locked in decision as of yet.

So your statement: "Body Panels on the Elio must be made of some type of plastic or composite material."
Is not true at this point in time.
They do not HAVE to be made of plastic or composite.

Reactions: Ekh

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have better eyes than I do because I do not see it. Can you put an arrow to it so I can see it as well? (not being controversial, just trying to see where you are talking about)

Can you see the little pink arrow on the PORT side? Yes, it's the "driver's side". This isn't the best picture of it. I've seen a better picture of it but can't find that picture. Anyway, here it is.
Elio Front Left 2.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Right side of the picture, left side of the vehicle.
And that's why I used "Port".

[pôrt]
NOUN
  1. the side of a ship or aircraft that is on the left when one is facing forward: The opposite of starboard.
    "the ferry was listing to port" ·
    [more]
    "the port side of the aircraft"

Yes, I realize the Elio isn't a ship or aircraft. Yet.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And that's why I used "Port".
In the other picture you had referred to (which only showed a wheel, not the entire vehicle) I could have sworn it was a picture of the RF.
Now that you can see the entire vehicle yes, it is most visible on the LEFT front/Port/Driver's side/Dat one by da O in Elio side.

Plus you can see that it was not modified by Photoshop.

Top Bottom