• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on what information they choose to pull from the PCM; the pin outs might or might not be there; mileage is always done for legal reasons.
I keep wondering why Elio is so cagey about using an ordinary 2-way data buss. You'd think they'd just do it the most common way and let the modifiers work their wicked will upon the poor virgin Elio.

john flovin

Reaction score
We've all had a chance to view the pics of the P5 and by now we all know what we like and don't like. So, let's see what we would change.... if it were up to us. I'll start the ball rolling.

1. Replace the Elgin dash with something that looks like an automobile dash.
2. Do something with that little instrument cluster to the left of the dash. It looks like an afterthought.
3. Change the rear end panel back to the P3 style.
4. Extend the exhaust pipe out a little so as to keep the exhaust away from the paint work.
5. Raise the back of the trunk some to give more trunk space.

:rolleyes:
I know this is not on your list, BUILD THE THING NOW

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Extra ground clearance is important in bad weather, especially with the built-in snow sucker design of the snout of the car.
Speaking of lousy/contaminated roads (dirt, slush, rain on dirty roads), anyone have thoughts whether the front wheel turn angle will throw road grime up on the side of the Elio in a turn at speed? If so, some aftermarket device to deflect it?

Reactions: Ekh

Karnaj

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know, air ride suspension; need clearance? Hit the up button; out for a show off cruise, hit the down button.
Problem solved.
If there was a way to control ride height by speed this would be perfect. Slower you go the higher it is. Allows for ease of egress, no scraping on driveways, and better clearance on dirt roads where you don't drove fast. At highway speeds it could hunker down providing less drag, the whole reason it's low in the first place.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If there was a way to control ride height by speed this would be perfect. Slower you go the higher it is. Allows for ease of egress, no scraping on driveways, and better clearance on dirt roads where you don't drove fast. At highway speeds it could hunker down providing less drag, the whole reason it's low in the first place.

Sounds doable, as long as lowering/raising doesn't mess with the alignment (toe-in/toe-out, caster, camber) too much (i.e. - Ford Trucks twin I-beam). I like it!

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe a back up camera is suppose to be present. If skyz in used, it will be the display monitor. But, if skyz is not present, where will the display monitor be located? The stereo is suppose to occupy the dash behind the skyz.

Am I correct about a back up camera being present regardless?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe a back up camera is suppose to be present. If skyz in used, it will be the display monitor. But, if skyz is not present, where will the display monitor be located? The stereo is suppose to occupy the dash behind the skyz.

Am I correct about a back up camera being present regardless?

I think the backup camera is going to be optional. Rear view is pretty good with just the side windows and mirrors (at least it was in the P4), so I don't see a rear camera as a necessity any more than it would be in any other car. That said, cheap camras and displays are available on amazon :)

Top Bottom