• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Suppliers And Iav

Do you take Polls?

• Total voters

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As you insist on dragging this out what you are doing is called lying by omission. You have now essentially admitted that you know the story but are purposely leaving out a key piece of information just to try and prove some point or spin a blatant lie into a less obvious one.

As you acknowledged it is a FACT that EM applied for an ATVM and then withdrew the application. As EM withdrew the application the FACT is that it would then be impossible for them to get the loan but you try and spin this as EM failing to be granted the loan which is not true.
I never "acknowledged" their withdrawal (never saw anything 'official' on that) Please provide 'documentation' that they ACTUALLY withdrew the application..... and perhaps the REASON.... seems they NEEDED the money, and STILL DO. In fact Elio Motors stated; "They are confident that they will receive the ATVM money."(February 10, 2010) Could it be 'perhaps' that they were told it would be 'officially denied'.... and they didn't want that on their credit record? Now 'spin' that!

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never "acknowledged" their withdrawal (never saw anything 'official' on that) Please provide 'documentation' that they ACTUALLY withdrew the application..... and perhaps the REASON.... seems they NEEDED the money, and STILL DO. In fact Elio Motors stated; "They are confident that they will receive the ATVM money."(February 10, 2010) Could it be 'perhaps' that they were told it would be 'officially denied'.... and they didn't want that on their credit record? Now 'spin' that!

I don't think any documentation would be readily available. Only info I found was they applied on December 18 2009. As to if it was rejected or withdrawn does it really matter? They have a current processing application. If it is approved we will more than likely see Elio come to production. If its rejected then Elio wont happen more than likely. Its as simple as that.

I have seen your ranting on the Elio just because they wouldn't answer your questions and you throw a temper tantrum like a child. Be an adult and drop the issue. Most people here think, hope, wish etc Elio will come through and you probably wont change their mind. I assume people on this forum are not idiots they understand Elio's situation and the odds of success.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
smells fishy - but did you know -"most elephants weigh less than the tongue of a blue whale"

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think any documentation would be readily available. Only info I found was they applied on December 18 2009. As to if it was rejected or withdrawn does it really matter? They have a current processing application. If it is approved we will more than likely see Elio come to production. If its rejected then Elio wont happen more than likely. Its as simple as that.

I have seen your ranting on the Elio just because they wouldn't answer your questions and you throw a temper tantrum like a child. Be an adult and drop the issue. Most people here think, hope, wish etc Elio will come through and you probably wont change their mind. I assume people on this forum are not idiots they understand Elio's situation and the odds of success.
EM has stated that the ATVM Loan is but one of 'several' funding options, that can move Elio to production.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read once that it is not what you think, or what you say, that really counts. It is what you DO that matters. Although I wish for more inside information, I am in total admiration of the people who are working daily, for years now, to bring this little vehicle to a reality in our driveways. I AM impatient with it all, but I do not believe Paul Elio stands to profit from being misleading or secretive, rather I believe setting up all the suppliers, including IAV, takes a certain amount of faith on all their parts to begin setting up to make products for the Elio.
And, their (the suppliers) support is very important to the overall success of the undertaking. So, maybe spilling your (EM's) guts when any little thing (or big one, maybe) goes sideways might not be a good thing for keeping the faith in a positive light. Lots of business concerns keeping everything moving mostly forward while dealing with set-backs.
I want and will buy an Elio when possible, just as long as they get it out while I am still a licensed driver....and will continue to spread the word.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There was no money to build prototypes and I don't believe the engineering specs had been finalized at that point in time, and may not be finalized until the IAV engine is tested and or running.

Where does this idea come from? Are you aware Elio purchased 16 remanufactured power-trains? Do you think anyone but the employees have seen all the prototypes and know the details of the testing program? I have many questions as to how this project is stumbling forward, but the building and testing is not even a consideration. The snag is the scale necessary to get to the price point Paul is aiming at. There are several "small scale manufactures" who can easily built a similar vehicle today, but the cost per unit is @ 9X.
IAV are not a supplier. They are a consulting design firm. They have never built or supplied a single engine in the life of the company.
The so far insurmountable hangup is financing. The vehicle is just nuts and bolts. I wish I had never learned of Elio's screwed up attempt to market a better vehicle seat which blew several million public dollars. Hopefully he learned enough with that achidemic exercise to not repeat it?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" I wish I had never learned of Elio's screwed up attempt to market a better vehicle seat which blew several million public dollars. Hopefully he learned enough with that achidemic exercise to not repeat it?"

What screwed-up attempt are you talking about? Also academic has no "h" and only one "i"

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... Are you aware Elio purchased 16 remanufactured power-trains? Do you think anyone but the employees have seen all the prototypes and know the details of the testing program? ...
WHERE did you get the information on these "power-trains", where are they, what are they being used for? As for 'testing prototypes', Technosports Creative was suppose to START construction of the FIRST "E" Series Pre-Production test vehicles in Aug/Sep 2014...... but on 16 Aug Paul Elio announced at a Town Meeting... that the project was on "HOLD" for funding. I don't know where you are getting your 'confidence' in their "building and testing" program.

Top Bottom