• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Suppliers And Iav

Do you take Polls?

• Total voters

Hightech

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

I recall hearing that IAV had been the ones writing the Tech Talk for a while; noticing that the recent Tech Talks have been nothing but fluff I am assuming IAV is no longer writing them (???).

So, just for fun I went ahead and contacted each of the suppliers (which seems to have shrunk). I simply asked how the Elio project has been going, here are a snip-it of their replies (I will update as more come in):

CooperStandard: Sorry, can you be more specific on your request? Cooper Standard is an Auto Supplier

Guardian Industries: Thank you getting in touch with us, Guardian Industries Corp. is a global leader in the glass and automotive industries. We suspect we may not be the company you are trying to reach.

Eastern Catalytic: Eastern has the honor of supplying exhaust system for Elio Motors. All other inquires should be directed to Elio Motors.

Henkel: We are sorry, but we don’t reveal any information on projects or partners. Thank you for your understanding. Kind regard

<Other Suppliers will go here once receive contact back>
No other updates; will most likely not get any updates till Monday [next business day]

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, considering they are supposed to have an order of 40,000 - 100,000 parts ready and shipped in almost less then 12 months.
Hummm, lets review, -would you expect a company to produce 40k+ anything for a vehicle that has two units with the engine just about ready to run? I think not. If EM doesn't happen - HELLO! you now have 40k+pieces of useless (whatevers) -
Unless EM fronts them the $ (which currently I don't think they are in that position), That's just coming from I guy who knows little of manufacturing and business models. And has frequently been asked RUCRAYZE? ( mostly from my Ex, and a few here who found me out)!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recall hearing that IAV had been the ones writing the Tech Talk for a while; noticing that the recent Tech Talks have been nothing but fluff I am assuming IAV is no longer writing them (???).

So, just for fun I went ahead and contacted each of the suppliers (which seems to have shrunk). I simply asked how the Elio project has been going, here are a snip-it of their replies (I will update as more come in):

CooperStandard: Sorry, can you be more specific on your request? Cooper Standard is an Auto Supplier

Guardian Industries: Thank you getting in touch with us, Guardian Industries Corp. is a global leader in the glass and automotive industries. We suspect we may not be the company you are trying to reach.

Eastern Catalytic: Eastern has the honor of supplying exhaust system for Elio Motors. All other inquires should be directed to Elio Motors.

<Other Suppliers will go here once receive contact back>

Their responses would be more informative in the context of exactly what you sent.
If you owned a company would you be fully forthcoming to some random person asking about a business relationship?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Basically it's not our business what their relationship/contract/handshakes are.
I've enjoyed our chat, no need to respond to me I'm happy to end this thread for me.
I wish us look as the project moves forward and hope we will be in our Es "shortly"

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, considering they are supposed to have an order of 40,000 - 100,000 parts ready and shipped in almost 12 months.
LOL... That would be incorrect... I'll give you the 40,000 to 100,000 parts but they won't be shipped when Elio starts production. Elio will only need enough to keep the line moving. 250 per day to start and ramping up from there.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unlikely any suppliers has parts ready to ship or even will. They will not tie up capital on a maybe deal. Of the shelf parts would be not big deal they will just ramp up production when needed. Custom parts are not coming until some cash shows up. As for IVA looks like they have a mostly complete engine that would be happy to sell back to ELIO once the bills are paid.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unlikely any suppliers has parts ready to ship or even will. They will not tie up capital on a maybe deal. Of the shelf parts would be not big deal they will just ramp up production when needed. Custom parts are not coming until some cash shows up. As for IVA looks like they have a mostly complete engine that would be happy to sell back to ELIO once the bills are paid.
The IAV deal was kind of a "Pay for play" kind of thing wasn't it? I read that IAV had already been paid. Elio has stated that they have funding to cover the entire development phase of operations. They need money to "seed the line" and begin production.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom