• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Suppliers And Iav

Do you take Polls?

• Total voters

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
" I wish I had never learned of Elio's screwed up attempt to market a better vehicle seat which blew several million public dollars. Hopefully he learned enough with that achidemic exercise to not repeat it?"

What screwed-up attempt are you talking about? Also academic has no "h" and only one "i"
Do your home work. Go search
" I wish I had never learned of Elio's screwed up attempt to market a better vehicle seat which blew several million public dollars. Hopefully he learned enough with that achidemic exercise to not repeat it?"

What screwed-up attempt are you talking about? Also academic has no "h" and only one "i"

Do some research on Elio's past fiasco, instead of spending your time correcting my spell checker. :)

Last edited:

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WHERE did you get the information on these "power-trains", where are they, what are they being used for? As for 'testing prototypes', Technosports Creative was suppose to START construction of the FIRST "E" Series Pre-Production test vehicles in Aug/Sep 2014...... but on 16 Aug Paul Elio announced at a Town Meeting... that the project was on "HOLD" for funding. I don't know where you are getting your 'confidence' in their "building and testing" program.

My information came directly from the fellow who built the power trains. Who also has taken several early positions in the line. There is no other information for the public. None of this matters. Not the engine, suppliers, plant or labour. The financing is THE snag, period.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score

http://www.studymode.com/essays/Elio-Case-59799807.html

There is a start. Go do some patent searches, some AZ Court searches, then come back with your spelling corrections. 700+ "messages" an no clue! :-)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My information came directly from the fellow who built the power trains. Who also has taken several early positions in the line. There is no other information for the public. None of this matters. Not the engine, suppliers, plant or labour. The financing is THE snag, period.

Not to be cynical, but.............
We are getting this from a guy in Vancouver, BC, Canada who cat get one registered at this point, who personally knows someone who refurbished 16 old drive trains, and who is alleged to have several early positions.
Now keep in mind that when asked for specifics on anything he has stated he say's go look it up rather than provide a URL.
And that he jumped in with a negative attitude.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am responding to people who are quick to correct a spelling mistake, instead of doing their own homework.
Further, being so clever as to assume where I am from has exactly what to do with Elio's history. I am only posting to correct some erroneous posts. Do you dispute anything I have posted? I did respond with a URL and further direction on where to find the facts.
I am very hopeful the financing gets done and this vehicle gets built. Learn the difference between reality and negativity.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to be cynical, but.............
We are getting this from a guy in Vancouver, BC, Canada who cat get one registered at this point, who personally knows someone who refurbished 16 old drive trains, and who is alleged to have several early positions.
Now keep in mind that when asked for specifics on anything he has stated he say's go look it up rather than provide a URL.
And that he jumped in with a negative attitude.

In addition l am currently in discussion with the BC Crown Corp., which controls our registration, licensing and insurance, as they currently have several T-Rex's which they have plated and insured, while telling me one must sit astride a motorcycle, steer with handle bars and not have a roof. I now have two T-Rex VIN numbers so it will very interesting to hear why I can not have an Elio in BC or anywhere in Canada?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In addition l am currently in discussion with the BC Crown Corp., which controls our registration, licensing and insurance, as they currently have several T-Rex's which they have plated and insured, while telling me one must sit astride a motorcycle, steer with handle bars and not have a roof. I now have two T-Rex VIN numbers so it will very interesting to hear why I can not have an Elio in BC or anywhere in Canada?

I'll address both of your posts.
Your URL talks about a case study and appears to be from a business class.
A lot of us are aware that Paul Elio had a business that went belly up at about the time of the big recession.
He's not the first, nor will he be the last person to go bankrupt.
On the other issue, I'm wondering what will happen if a US citizen with a legally licensed (in the US) Elio drives it into Canada?
When I lived near Buffalo and was married, my wife and I used to go over the Peace Bridge on a regular basis.
What will happen to someone in an Elio?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never "acknowledged" their withdrawal (never saw anything 'official' on that) Please provide 'documentation' that they ACTUALLY withdrew the application..... and perhaps the REASON.... seems they NEEDED the money, and STILL DO. In fact Elio Motors stated; "They are confident that they will receive the ATVM money."(February 10, 2010) Could it be 'perhaps' that they were told it would be 'officially denied'.... and they didn't want that on their credit record? Now 'spin' that!
Yes, but did you know that some trains have a second locomotive which pulls them from the back?

Reactions: Ty

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll address both of your posts.
Your URL talks about a case study and appears to be from a business class.
A lot of us are aware that Paul Elio had a business that went belly up at about the time of the big recession.
He's not the first, nor will he be the last person to go bankrupt.
On the other issue, I'm wondering what will happen if a US citizen with a legally licensed (in the US) Elio drives it into Canada?
When I lived near Buffalo and was married, my wife and I used to go over the Peace Bridge on a regular basis.
What will happen to someone in an Elio?

To set the record straight, Elio seat co., did not go bankrupt because of the recession. He built a very good product which had no market because of price. At the time, Paul was teaching and selected the best of his students' designs, improved on them, built them without identifying a market at the cost. IIRC the loss to investors was @ $14M? For me this is a positive note. Many successful people screwup more than once before they build a successful product. The failure is a good lesson for those who learn from it.

You will not have a problem entering Canada with an Elio or even a homemade abortion. But Provincial and City Police do ticket vehicles without fenders, hood, windshield wipers, etc, none of which is a concern with an Elio.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am responding to people who are quick to correct a spelling mistake, instead of doing their own homework.
Further, being so clever as to assume where I am from has exactly what to do with Elio's history. I am only posting to correct some erroneous posts. Do you dispute anything I have posted? I did respond with a URL and further direction on where to find the facts.
I am very hopeful the financing gets done and this vehicle gets built. Learn the difference between reality and negativity.
Powertrain is still one word. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom