• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Is A Coward.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not really a big deal. Elio conned some of their suppliers into taking stocks and bonds for payments, so it could well have been a supplier cashing out for pennies on the dollar. There was probably some restriction on how soon they could bail, and they probably got out as quickly as they could.
Legitimate suppliers don't take stock as payment. People use the word "supplier" very loosely. For example, I could be a supplier of engineering services or someone else is a supplier of legal services or supplier of accounting. For real suppliers, they know better. Plus they are running a business and need to pay their employees on a typical 2 week basis. Thus if you have to sit on stock for a period of time, there's no cash to pay those employees and your own suppliers. This is why in the gig economy, it's easier to pay in stock because you are working for 10 other companies at the same time but you are just supplying a service which is typically just time and very little hard items. Even at that, I learned a long time ago, not to take stock as payment.

With Elio, they are stuck because for their plan to work, they will need to produce at a minimum, 250K units per year and make sure they are sold. Since they went the unibody route and steel body route, that means the up front costs are huge due to the tooling and equipment to make the chassis and body. Best way to look at it is look at how hard it was for Tesla in the early days with the Model 3. Up until that point they were a mid volume manufacturer. When they went to high and used typical steel unibody and body, they got an education. At least they got it solved and all of the anti Tesla people out there are eating crow. For what Elio wants to do, their existing plan will be just as hard and with Elio not having the resources and leadership like Musk, they will have it much harder to do this.

This then becomes an issue where they have to lower expectations. Make less and charge more. Only way to do that is to start another company and then not have to honor the existing contracts. Just let Elio Motors Inc. just stay dormant all while Elio Trykkes Ltd. makes a $20K Elio. Maybe start with the Signature edition that costs $60K and make 20 of them. Then turn around and make the Evergreen version for $20K. If production goes up, thy can lower the prices later. If not, then they stay expensive. Since it will be fun to drive, give 49/84, able to drive it in any conditions and be safe, the market will determine the price and volume.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
HaHaHa yourself. I was following EMV when they announced finalized specs repeatedly, and that product began in September 2016, and listened to JK spout endless inanities about specs that were blatantly false and about which he was clueless. Perhaps they've miraculously got their act together, but EMV was a clown show for a long time. Like RIck and his FUV, if you want a Solo, I wish you all the best, but I've got no confidence in either company or either vehicle. I will concede that both companies have made changes to their products to both bring them into regulatory compliance and to correct obvious engineering errors.
hahaha ah don't be such a soupuss! I have a better term for you regarding JK's clowning around, it's called bringing up the hype. Didn't you know that car manufacturers can change their specs up to the point where they arrived at the "production version" where the "final" specs and price can be presented and ready for sale? I guess not! Can TESLA be sued if they decide to change the design of their new Cybertrakk before it's offered for sale??? Didn't think so. And what you call "clueless", again without knowing the facts is just misplaced. And "miraculous" and "good luck" (thanks by the way) have nothing to do with it- it's hard work and no matter how long it took (and they can be forgiven as a newcomer in the business with limited funds) they're here and again I'll say this until you understand, no matter how few they've sold so far, they made it this far. And again, Arcimoto or EMV never "claimed" that their FUV or SOLO will "compete" with their ICE counterpart. We know you like ICE, lots of us do too that's why we all rooted for the ELIO, even place my 1K all-in but PE in the end, was the big clown and with all the monies received didn't arrived at the pre-production unit, endless shows with no test drives (personally, I don't really need a test drive if I'm committed to buy it or any vehicle for that matter) and didn't have a single showroom they planned to build. I wouldn't go as far as calling him "clueless" for advertising half a car, half the price too early in the process but maybe a little arrogant. I'm sure you're enjoying his latest show- the NO SHOW!
Last time I checked, it's still free country and you're entitled to your opinion I just don't happen to share it so if you have no confidence on EMV or Arcimoto, that's you and it's fine to disagree so long as we show a little respect. Ok I had enough of this ELIO thread, would've been better if EM sold some ELIOs to actual customers out there for better comparison.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you keep calling it "Cybertrakk" to be different, or do you think that is the name of the Cybertruck? Just curious. I know the logo was stylized but AFAIK the Cybertruck is still the Cybertruck.
Have you seen it's first reveal video? Correct me if I'm wrong but in the background is a big logo that show Cybertrakk with 2 k. Or maybe it's just my eyes, but no matter, I like it named and spelled that way better because of it's outrageous design but it's just me. Lol

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you seen it's first reveal video? Correct me if I'm wrong but in the background is a big logo that show Cybertrakk with 2 k. Or maybe it's just my eyes, but no matter, I like it named and spelled that way better because of it's outrageous design but it's just me. Lol

Yeah, it was definitely highly stylized. You can see it on Tesla's website as well, the U (looks like a V) and the C together do look like an extra K, for sure.

Cybertruck_Logo.jpg

I cannot wait to get one! Still debating on single vs dual motor. I really do not need the dual motor, but the extra performance and range would be nice...

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, it was definitely highly stylized. You can see it on Tesla's website as well, the U (looks like a V) and the C together do look like an extra K, for sure.

View attachment 23997

I cannot wait to get one! Still debating on single vs dual motor. I really do not need the dual motor, but the extra performance and range would be nice...
Which will come out first. The Elio or the Cybertruck?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 23997

Me too! I can only hope that Tesla stays true with the current design but nothing's final until they say it is. But if money's no object for you, might as well get the dual motor with longer range version also if you want to get yours early- basing from their history, they'll try to push the more expensive one first.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 23997

There’s no need to debate. If you need a Cybertrakk you need dual motors! :) My imaginary week end toy Cybertrakk supplement to my imaginary everyday FUV would sure look good in my garage providing they both fit.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There’s no need to debate. If you need a Cybertrakk you need dual motors! :) My imaginary week end toy Cybertrakk supplement to my imaginary everyday FUV would sure look good in my garage providing they both fit.
I'll be like you. Drive and then order my vehicle. Since FUV makes me spend thousands for a test drive and have no service centers in the area, I'll have to pass until they do. Cybertruck seems to be more of something realistic that I can drive when it's 10 deg F, snowing and 40 mph gusts. I will go after a FUV if they can meet those driving conditions, allow me to test drive it without me spending a few grand to travel to the one dealer that has a 4 hour per week test drive allotment and have a place to get it fixed when it breaks down that doesn't require me to send it 2000 miles. I do like going to the Keys but if all FUV's are rented out (which is a 100% chance they will be) I'll have to wait until November or February to go there and see for myself. This is unless the FUV has AC and enclosed with roll down windows. I'm not like you youngsters, I want some luxury when I'm spending money for that FUV. Florida downpours and then the sun coming back out where it's a steambath is no fun in the summer. FUV AC is what I want. Not being glued to a seat.

Also, is there a FUV ski rack? I'll need one from them when I need to go up to the Poconos and that's about 40 miles away for a good ski slope. Will the FUV do that round trip running the heat in the winter?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll be like you. Drive and then order my vehicle. Since FUV makes me spend thousands for a test drive and have no service centers in the area, I'll have to pass until they do. Cybertruck seems to be more of something realistic that I can drive when it's 10 deg F, snowing and 40 mph gusts. I will go after a FUV if they can meet those driving conditions, allow me to test drive it without me spending a few grand to travel to the one dealer that has a 4 hour per week test drive allotment and have a place to get it fixed when it breaks down that doesn't require me to send it 2000 miles. I do like going to the Keys but if all FUV's are rented out (which is a 100% chance they will be) I'll have to wait until November or February to go there and see for myself. This is unless the FUV has AC and enclosed with roll down windows. I'm not like you youngsters, I want some luxury when I'm spending money for that FUV. Florida downpours and then the sun coming back out where it's a steambath is no fun in the summer. FUV AC is what I want. Not being glued to a seat.

Also, is there a FUV ski rack? I'll need one from them when I need to go up to the Poconos and that's about 40 miles away for a good ski slope. Will the FUV do that round trip running the heat in the winter?
You're never too old to own one!

Top Bottom