• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Paul Elio Is A Coward.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just thought of another way Elio Motors can take advantage of us, if they ever get to production. Most of us want some of the options. Say the auto transmission has a suggested price of $1000 but after they get to production they raise it to $2000. They might not lose money on the first ones made. Then, after the lower priced reserved units have been made, they claim a lower price due to volume purchases. There is no guarantee that they couldn't gouge us for any or all of the optional stuff. They could even make all them black and charge extra for any color choices. Many things they can change on the basic model without notice.

From the Elio Motors website: "*Options prices subject to change and the final price excludes destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Options are a sampling for demonstration purposes only."

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just thought of another way Elio Motors can take advantage of us, if they ever get to production. Most of us want some of the options. Say the auto transmission has a suggested price of $1000 but after they get to production they raise it to $2000. They might not lose money on the first ones made. Then, after the lower priced reserved units have been made, they claim a lower price due to volume purchases. There is no guarantee that they couldn't gouge us for any or all of the optional stuff. They could even make all them black and charge extra for any color choices. Many things they can change on the basic model without notice.

From the Elio Motors website: "*Options prices subject to change and the final price excludes destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Options are a sampling for demonstration purposes only."
Fine. I'll take a black bare bones stock Elio with a manual transmission please. Any day now would be nice.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Remember, Elio has never stated transportation and fees. So they could tack on $3k transportation and $1k in erroneous fees but be perfectly legal. So your bare bones $5500 Elio could cost $9500.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Kinda sad to read now those positive postings from early 2017. Could be that, in particular, a posting from Jan 25, 2017 touched on an interesting nugget which seemed relatively benign back then:

“Provides a very thorough explanation as to why EM's stock price has dropped. Some of the bond holders cashed in their convertible bonds for stock, then sold that stock. In effect, 200,000+ shares were dumped on the market. This wasn't reported by by any of the board members because it wasn't a board member that did it. That blows the conspiracy theorists out of the water. I bet if someone compares the previous SEC filing with the next SEC filing, they may be able to figure out who it was that did it.”

Follow the money! Those seemed much more ‘innocent’ times back then, we now have hindsight.

Where did all that money but particularly EM ‘operations’ money go?

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember, Elio has never stated transportation and fees. So they could tack on $3k transportation and $1k in erroneous fees but be perfectly legal. So your bare bones $5500 Elio could cost $9500.
It would make absolutely no sense to go to all the expense and trouble to produce 65,000 Elios just to turn around and forever kill any future market with those tactics. And that's exactly what those tactics would do. Not many of even the most gullible would trust the company enough to buy anything from them after that. Especially at the $7500 + $4000 they'd be charging (or more) after the first 65,000. 65,000 x $4.000 = only $260M. They'd STILL be in the hole. Especially after you factor in operating costs for that run of 65,000. Hell, I don't think people would trust them enough now to ever allow them to have a substantial flow of new orders at a price that would have to be approaching, or match, the price of an economy four wheeler. Honestly, I think it's time to stick a fork in it. I think most of us know it and I think Paul has known it for a long time.

Last edited:

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kinda sad to read now those positive postings from early 2017. Could be that, in particular, a posting from Jan 25, 2017 touched on an interesting nugget which seemed relatively benign back then:

“Provides a very thorough explanation as to why EM's stock price has dropped. Some of the bond holders cashed in their convertible bonds for stock, then sold that stock. In effect, 200,000+ shares were dumped on the market. This wasn't reported by by any of the board members because it wasn't a board member that did it. That blows the conspiracy theorists out of the water. I bet if someone compares the previous SEC filing with the next SEC filing, they may be able to figure out who it was that did it.”

Follow the money! Those seemed much more ‘innocent’ times back then, we now have hindsight.

Where did all that money but particularly EM ‘operations’ money go?
Not really a big deal. Elio conned some of their suppliers into taking stocks and bonds for payments, so it could well have been a supplier cashing out for pennies on the dollar. There was probably some restriction on how soon they could bail, and they probably got out as quickly as they could.

As to the rest of the comments about how Elio could make up for their bad promises by tacking on additional charges, it's still the same old story. Elio Motors Inc is dead. There are no scenarios that will get from here to there. The only scenario where vehicles are produced would be something akin to the Buell Motorcycle Company / Erik Buell Racing situation. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Buell_Racing) One company shut down, and a new, unrelated company is formed, with some of the same individuals and names involved, but with no legal ties to the old company. An angel investor puts in money and/or manufacturing prowess in exchange for stock. It worked for a short time for EBR, and might do the same for Elio Trykkes Ltd.

The new company might offer some kind of incentive, like EMV did with the Solo, for EMI reservationists, but it would be a courtesy offer, not making good on legal obligations. That's the only possible scenario, and it is pretty far-fetched. The fat lady sang, did a couple of encores, and retired a few years ago.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wrote Elio Motors, Stuart Lichter, and David C. Schembri all the same question: When will Elio Motors have a shareholder meeting. (Didn't have the other directors e-mail addresses.) Didn't really expect an answer and that's what I got. Nothing. Anyone of them could have simply said that nothing was planned for now, or some other response. It shows how little they care about their fiduciary duties to the shareholders. So it raises a question as to what constitutes an "independent" director. If they are doing everything in secret, it does not support their independent titles. That may support a fraudulent situation. They need to be held accountable.

Top Bottom