• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
According to this radio show, the new, final production prototype will be revealed October 31 (5:30)
Plain and simple with very little changes . Short list 1 if not a full convertible then a set of t-tops or a retractable sunroof(first choice)2 still want a back window (which of course would be retractable into the truck area) that's it . Everything else is being offered,simple things for simple minds:confused:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to this radio show, the new, final production prototype will be revealed October 31 (5:30)
JP, Thanks for this informative post. There is a great interview with Paul Elio beginning at 14:22 and running until 35:48. Paul mentioned that Comau has 30 people on site working on selling the unneeded equipment. More importantly, he mentioned that the demand has increased and that they will be able to sell it for much more than he paid for it. (Great news financially). He discussed pricing strategy, plant operations, 24 hour turn around for installation of upgrades and options and Pep Boys service. He did not dispute the comment that the P5 will be in Las Vegas at American Shelby Oct 31. It was a very positive interview.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it's a long clip- about where does he talk about Elio?
JP put it in his original post.
It's 5:30 into the clip.

Titus did not say, "P5".
He didn't say "new" either.
He said, "...the final production iteration of the Elio."
PE was not yet "live" and may not have even heard Titus' comment.
In addition to that, it's been said that an Elio rep has stated that there will be no P5.
Only the 25 or so "E" series pre-production cars for testing, tooling, and tours.
That statement could be interpreted to mean that the P4 is already the "final production prototype iteration".

PE said,
"...motor should be on dyno spinning in about... ah, by Nov. 15th."
"So it's a 55 horsepower motor, so... we actually... it's a .9 liter, we started out at 1 liter.
We had to downsize a little bit to... ah... get the mileage.
Because the vehicle is so darn light and slippery... Um... We couldn't get the torque curve where we wanted it to achieve the mileage."

@ 47:22, Titus says, "But on Haloween day, on Friday Elio's gonna be here.
They'll have their final production prototype iteration here..."

At that point, Spencer yells, "The P4!"

Titus does not correct him.

So, like I suspected before I even watched the video, It may just be another Journalistic false alarm.
It very well may be just the good old P4.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Sorry guys but this is all a big misunderstanding. Straight from Elio VP Jerome Vassallo himself the news is that the P4 will be the vehicle at SEMA.

I have not even had a chance to listen to the interview yet as I happened to be in Birmingham today visiting the with the tour team again and I actually had no idea this whole interview and controversy had even come up on here and on Facebook until Jerome himself mentioned it as we were chatting today.

Top Bottom