• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1295815615_1.png

I say I say there son watcha I say watcha studying..........c'mere son, let me learn ya sumpin :D

UCF'73

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I could learn to shift with my left hand. But, then again I am left handed, it might be too much for a righty. Then again all those folks that drive on the wrong side of the road seem to have adapted, so probably a right handed person could learn.
Shift buttons on the steering wheel would solve the problem.

Attachments

• push button.jpg
    push button.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 268

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMO, hub-mounted shift buttons are a safety hazard. I once owned (briefly) a Plymouth Fury (late 1950s or very early 60s) that had such wheel-mounted shift buttons. It was a pain in the neck to shift and steer at the same time -- especially when trying to get in and out of snowed-in driveways. You're fired to take your arm off the wheel and lift it in front of your chest. It's an awkward motion. Overall, NOT a good idea.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMO, hub-mounted shift buttons are a safety hazard. I once owned (briefly) a Plymouth Fury (late 1950s or very early 60s) that had such wheel-mounted shift buttons. It was a pain in the neck to shift and steer at the same time -- especially when trying to get in and out of snowed-in driveways. You're fired to take your arm off the wheel and lift it in front of your chest. It's an awkward motion. Overall, NOT a good idea.

You meant to say that your parents drove you to grade school. Right. They did have the button one, also I recall an shift level on the dash board.

Top Bottom