• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

dteke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Please add what you would like to see on the next and hopefully last prototype.
I would like the following
P3 fenders/wheels
P4 trunk opening
Actual production engine
Automatic option (cost)
Half door for passenger access
Spare temp tire somewhere
DT

corvairbob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
would be nice to have 2 doors not sure about a back door but for exiting at the sidewalk being your setting next to the sidewalk. exiting on the street can be a bit dangerous. and yes we all do it now but why not just make it safer. or just put the door on that side? and an automatic trans. the way the industry is going the manuals are going away anyway. the number of shifts we have to make now are just about like driving a big rig 12 to 15 gears means you never stop shifting that gets old after a bit. and i can see this car after it starts production going to more gears or a cvt. cvt's are to costly to repair. the cvt belt cost about as much as the car in the after market or service.

PJE

Reaction score
As corvairbob stated, the door should be on the kerb side. This would cause lots of required modifications...

I'd also like a convertible option, without safety impact.

Finally I'd like something to reduce the visual height of the sides. This could be something as simple as a paint job.

tom k

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Please add what you would like to see on the next and hopefully last prototype.
I would like the following
P3 fenders/wheels
P4 trunk opening
Actual production engine
Automatic option (cost)
Half door for passenger access
Spare temp tire somewhere
DT
A vehicle cover (to protect it from weather) and a 12v socket for gps and cell phone chargers.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd also like a convertible option, without safety impact.

Impossible, unless they designed a solid, segmented retractable roof. That would add hundreds of pounds. The added weight and reduced aerodynamics of top-down driving would kill fuel economy.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did not know CVT drives were that costly to repair---have one on my Sentra but did get extended warranty! Best then that our ELIO have a gear box and 5 or 6 speeds in it ? RB

Bearlymuven

Reaction score
would be nice to have 2 doors not sure about a back door but for exiting at the sidewalk being your setting next to the sidewalk. exiting on the street can be a bit dangerous. and yes we all do it now but why not just make it safer. or just put the door on that side? and an automatic trans. the way the industry is going the manuals are going away anyway. the number of shifts we have to make now are just about like driving a big rig 12 to 15 gears means you never stop shifting that gets old after a bit. and i can see this car after it starts production going to more gears or a cvt. cvt's are to costly to repair. the cvt belt cost about as much as the car in the after market or service.
Sorry, man, but I have to disagree on the auto trans. I think it would suck the soul out of the vehicle. At least a 5-speed, maybe a 6. I saw in the "Personalization" section a blurb about a sun roof - think of it as a convertible with a roll cage.

Top Bottom