• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually that information is not correct as this is confusion between leaks that make there way out and EM's official position.

EM's official position has been that the first of the E series pre-production vehicles is due this fall with the full E series to follow after that first one. This first E series build is also commonly referred to as the P5 and I have taken to naming it the P5/E0 as the official Elio position is that there will be no P5. This is what EM has promised and the reality is that we are not even in the fall yet.

Any other information has come out via unofficial leaks. These leaks may have been incorrect or they could have been correct at the time the information was leaked however things do change.

Thank you for an important clarification. My wishful exuberance got ahead of my patience. I've only waited 30 years, after all!

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
oh my!! a little nudge from the moderator when someone brings to the fore some history which HE now finds offensive, and getting ready to dump the messenger . I see nothing wrong with reviewing past statements/threads if it helps to understand the present, even if it stirs the pot.
I agree. Rogwild's post added relevant context. EM has a pattern of over promise then under deliver. Why make excuses for incompetence? We should push, nudge, cajole, help, and tease mercilessly. WHY must we always accept weak bull plucky excuses?

Failure is failure. Learn, grow, challenge, move on, succeed.

Snick's closing thought: FAILURE is GOOD! It means you tried. Making excuses and pursuing perfection to the demise of good enough is BAD.

America has a huge, un-diagnosed disease called perfectionism. Just get it done already!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My FB question regarding the status of the scheduled Aug/Sept P5E0 and the 20 testing/touring prototype builds was a no response. 1. we have started the build 2. we will begin building at the end of Sept. or 3. we have delayed the builds due to______________ would have been more acceptable. I would have bet the farm there would have been an Elio response.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, lets add some CURRENT context; In June a representative from Technosports Creative (makers of Elio's prototypes in Mich), said, "The next prototype build will BEGIN in late Aug or Sep." In a recent Town Hall Meeting,
“Paul Elio Town Hall Meeting August 16 2014 : Q. Rumor has it, funds have been received for the 25 E models?
A. Waiting on next round of funding. "
So as of the middle of last MONTH, Elio Motors is still waiting on 'FUNDING' to BEGIN the "E" Series vehicles, and NO Information on additional funding or 'start of construction', has been forthcoming.
The 'excuse' that the 'short-term' lawsuit over the Shreveport Plant caused a YEAR LONG DELAY, or the halt of prototype building (in Mich. NOT in LA), is 'spurious'..... and is more likely to also be due to a 'lack of funding'!

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see both side of the coin considering I've been waiting as long for mine as HogWild's. We both had some very positive things to say on another Elio discussion board but time takes a toll on everyone, especially those of us who thought we would be driving our Elio's today and not next year. I doubt it will even be in 2015 myself but time will tell. When 2015 comes to pass and there is still no Elio I would like to see the general temperment of this group who is relatively new to Elio.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, lets add some CURRENT context; In June a representative from Technosports Creative (makers of Elio's prototypes in Mich), said, "The next prototype build will BEGIN in late Aug or Sep."....

So there there we have it. It would appear that RogWild agrees that EM never promised a September date on the E-series as was the original question asked in this thread. As he said that information was instead provided by Technosports which goes back to my statement that the original assertion that EM promised us that date is incorrect as they never have and it instead leaked from another source so is data we heard on this forum instead.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, lets add some CURRENT context; In June a representative from Technosports Creative (makers of Elio's prototypes in Mich), said, "The next prototype build will BEGIN in late Aug or Sep." In a recent Town Hall Meeting,
“Paul Elio Town Hall Meeting August 16 2014 : Q. Rumor has it, funds have been received for the 25 E models?
A. Waiting on next round of funding. "
So as of the middle of last MONTH, Elio Motors is still waiting on 'FUNDING' to BEGIN the "E" Series vehicles, and NO Information on additional funding or 'start of construction', has been forthcoming.
The 'excuse' that the 'short-term' lawsuit over the Shreveport Plant caused a YEAR LONG DELAY, or the halt of prototype building (in Mich. NOT in LA), is 'spurious'..... and is more likely to also be due to a 'lack of funding'!

The comment that appears to be spurious is your comment about the lawsuit being a 'short-term' 'excuse'. How is it an 'excuse' and 'short-term' when it is fact that the plant deal did not not close until May 1 of this year because of direct interference from the government which began with a lawsuit by one of the commissioners?

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim that 'lack of funding' would have also caused a delay last year or is that a spurious comment also? We now know that the plant delays caused at least some of the funding issues EM has had this year as they had deals lined up which were dependent on that happening including the $7.5 million from IRG. They have said they were forced to start the funding round all over again after they secured the $7.5 million from IRG so it is very easy for an intelligent person to see how an 8 month delay in the plant plus having to start all over again on the funding round leads to a year long delay.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator Comment: Merged into existing discussion thread. I actually liked the idea of threads that were more specialized however as members appear to want more generic wandering threads then I guess that idea wins.

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought we were waiting for the engine to get completed, before they built the E5 to put them in. ?
MK
I hope they are building the rolling chassis while they are waiting for the engine to be completed but these are only the first 15-25 E models for crash testing and to work out the final bugs. We all must wait another 8-12 months before the first production cars are built. I hope my KIA holds out that long!

Top Bottom