• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Changing the door to the street side doesn't make much sense. We have all been trained to slide behind the steering wheel from the left. Unless you're from England, Australia or Japan it would be odd.
Also, the door would automatically be about a foot from the curb unless of course you parked the front wheel on the sidewalk...

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Changing the door to the street side doesn't make much sense. We have all been trained to slide behind the steering wheel from the left. Unless you're from England, Australia or Japan it would be odd.
Also, the door would automatically be about a foot from the curb unless of course you parked the front wheel on the sidewalk...

They would also have to place the shifter on the left side in that case, since it appears they are currently mounted into the right door panel.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I said a 5 or 6 speed gearbox I was meaning an automatic trany with at least that many gears. I passed the gear shifting desire some years ago so thought I best correct that statement! RB ( Getting the IAV engine and its drive unit in the ELIO should be a top priority so real testing can occur!) RB

dteke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Lots of great comments so far. I absolutely agree it's time to focus on the new engine. I need an auto so the wife can drive and also thought a ford ranger like rear half door would be easy to incorporate vs a complete rear door. Thought a cvt auto would be best to keep the mpg goal. Works great in our jeep patriot provided it isn't too expensive.
DT

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please add what you would like to see on the next and hopefully last prototype.
I would like the following
P3 fenders/wheels
P4 trunk opening
Actual production engine
Automatic option (cost)
Half door for passenger access
Spare temp tire somewhere
DT

I had a Chevrolet Spark, no spare tire or runflats from factory. Why are so many people hung up on a spare tire? What do motorcycle riders do when they get a flat? Many cars do not come with a spare tire, just a flat tire kit.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hinged, pop-out rear windows so a passenger can get some fresh air.
JT: I contacted Elio by facebook Message here is what I got back......
Hey Dave, the Elio will have traction control. There will also be an option for the back windows to pop out like a van. If you'd like to change out the wheel covers, there will be an after-market company that will do it. You'll lose some on gas mileage if you go with the old fender look, but it's totally up to you. Thanks!

LikesOddCars

Reaction score
Given the low price of the vehicle, I suspect the company will need to offer options as an extra source of margin. I wouldn't want anything that would dramatically impact cost or mileage, but a bike rack of some sort might be nice.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
JT: I contacted Elio by facebook Message here is what I got back......
Hey Dave, the Elio will have traction control. There will also be an option for the back windows to pop out like a van. If you'd like to change out the wheel covers, there will be an after-market company that will do it. You'll lose some on gas mileage if you go with the old fender look, but it's totally up to you. Thanks!

That's great! Thanks!

Top Bottom