• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Other Technologies That Will Need To Adapt

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why not fit a pair of them on the back? I'm sure it can be done.

IMAG0097.jpg
I was thinking more along the line of a wheel well in a running board type configuration. I know I have seen these but since I'm definitely not a car officiando, I have no idea what kind or model of car I am remembering. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What you recall was called Continental Wheel.
Is that because they were on Lincoln Contenentals? Or because they were from Continental Europe. I do remember seeing them a lot in movies about WWII, films of Hitler on parade, etc. I think I have actually seen one around here sometime recently but am now sure where. Most likely in Roseburg. :-) Z

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is that because they were on Lincoln Contenentals? Or because they were from Continental Europe. I do remember seeing them a lot in movies about WWII, films of Hitler on parade, etc. I think I have actually seen one around here sometime recently but am now sure where. Most likely in Roseburg. :) Z

I remember seeing them on LIncolns as I was sitting in my stroller. I also recall them on some other Ford products.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe this is what Z has in mind:
32-cabriolet-with-fender-well-spare-tire-cover-jpg.2038060.jpg

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CO2 and plug kit works for me, thou I do like the pic above. I have cut sidewalls and worse, althou always on a truck, so far. Gone many miles on a bike with just the inflator and plug kit(or less), so unless Alaska or Dakar are on the itenery I'll probably get by. My wife did pick up something on the interstate that cored a 1/2 inch hole in the center of the tread! Strangest thing I have seen, I could put my finger in the hole, like it was punched with a paper punch. She and the Sprout were alone so called tow truck for the tire change. that was on a 2002 Yucon with spare, just too dangerous to fool with where they were, I was 150 miles away. Insurance covered it, ought to for what it costs me!

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CO2 and plug kit works for me, thou I do like the pic above. I have cut sidewalls and worse, althou always on a truck, so far. Gone many miles on a bike with just the inflator and plug kit(or less), so unless Alaska or Dakar are on the itenery I'll probably get by. My wife did pick up something on the interstate that cored a 1/2 inch hole in the center of the tread! Strangest thing I have seen, I could put my finger in the hole, like it was punched with a paper punch. She and the Sprout were alone so called tow truck for the tire change. that was on a 2002 Yucon with spare, just too dangerous to fool with where they were, I was 150 miles away. Insurance covered it, ought to for what it costs me!

I heard it was going to be NO2, so it has value even without a flat.

Top Bottom