• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Other Technologies That Will Need To Adapt

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to mention the dead skunk that appears from beneath the vehicle in front of you. You can't swerve into oncoming traffic of course so you do what you've always done - made sure your front tires were on either side of it. This time, though, you'll feel the bump and know that you'll be hosing guts off the back of your Elio after smooshing the skunk with that rear tire... Yes, smooshing is a word. Okay, maybe not a real word.

Not necessarily. It would be totally possible to track over a pot hole or a skunk (as in your example) by steering the vehicle so that the object passes between the front and rear tires...

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not necessarily. It would be totally possible to track over a pot hole or a skunk (as in your example) by steering the vehicle so that the object passes between the front and rear tires...

The Elio will not be able to span as big a pot hole as a 4 wheeler, no way around that. Best suggestion, in skunk crossing zones, don't follow so close behind the vehicle ahead. Hey, that might work for pot holes too.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio will not be able to span as big a pot hole as a 4 wheeler, no way around that. Best suggestion, in skunk crossing zones, don't follow so close behind the vehicle ahead. Hey, that might work for pot holes too.

True, but there's still plenty of room between the front and middle tires...it may take some practice, but missing things in the road will still be possible...and it's been my experience that skunks don't normally cross in their designated crossing zones...they J walk...

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, but there's still plenty of room between the front and middle tires...it may take some practice, but missing things in the road will still be possible...and it's been my experience that skunks don't normally cross in their designated crossing zones...they J walk...

Then maybe tailgating isn't a good idea most of the time. We get more armadillo, poor little night critters, rolling up in a ball doesn't work any better than smelling.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THEN maybe tailgating isn't a good idea? Does that mean you think there are times when it's appropriate to tailgate?
When that 'jack-wagon' in front of me goes 30-35 MPH in on a 45 MPH country road... man, it's just too hard to resist sometimes. I'd like to bump draft them out of the way on occasion.
We know that the leaves are beautiful in Northern Virginia wine county and the drives are beautiful on the week-ends, and we don't mind that you come out from DC on your Sunday drives, but some of us live and work here!

Top Bottom