• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options Not Yet Showing ...

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are a number of utility options that haven't shown up yet. I'm getting very curious about how these will be priced. The website shows glamour stuff and skyzmatic; the really useful stuff is still a mystery.

So, for instance, what about

Cruise control
Adjustable coil-overs (springs)
High performance air filter (the car is supposed to be able to handle one of these)
Under liner (or whatever it's actually called)

Rear compartment light

What else should be on this list? What do YOU estimate they might (or should cost -- realistic estimates)?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt that when the person who has registration number 5,000, they will know much more about what is available, what is working in the real world, what the cost will be than the folks who have very low registration numbers .... it wouldn't come as a surprise to me for EM to continue to add options after the first year production starts

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt that when the person who has registration number 5,000, they will know much more about what is available, what is working in the real world, what the cost will be than the folks who have very low registration numbers .... it wouldn't come as a surprise to me for EM to continue to add options after the first year production starts

Jim
This is especially true considering the tight timeframe ahead of production will not allow for much final development and testing of options on actual vehicles until after these vehicles are in production.

Once again we are simply running into the fact that this is an all new vehicle from an all new vehicle manufacturer and there numerous things which simply won't come together until just before these vehicles begin rolling off the assembly line and some other details will simply have to wait until after production is already underway.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Supply and demand. I would imagine they really won't be able to lock down the prices of options until they get a handle on the numbers they can sell. On options that are popular and they can sell a gazillion then the price would be reasonable. Slow movers will be higher. Don't know how they plan to aquire that bit of data prior to production ( reservist surveys maybe?).

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't know how they plan to aquire that bit data prior to production ( reservist surveys maybe?).

that would make sense to me .... conducting a survey via email wouldn't cost much and could yield them a great deal of info within a very short time frame

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Supply and demand. I would imagine they really won't be able to lock down the prices of options until they get a handle on the numbers they can sell. On options that are popular and they can sell a gazillion then the price would be reasonable. Slow movers will be higher. Don't know how they plan to aquire that bit of data prior to production ( reservist surveys maybe?).
that would make sense to me .... conducting a survey via email wouldn't cost much and could yield them a great deal of info within a very short time frame

Jim

At the last Town Hall Paul Elio told us that they would eventually do just this sort of thing. There will eventually be a series of surveys which will help EM and their suppliers figure out options and option pricing.

Top Bottom