• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Guarantees...

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I apologize if my expectations were too high. Some of us were expecting the P5 to bring balance to The Force, and now it sounds like the P5 is going to be just another padawan with a low midichlorian count. It's hard not to be a bit disappointed.
Well that's the at the low end of the possibilities. At the high end, it's perfectly the production version, and maybe even they get to complete their mpg rating with it. (Note: this next statement may not be true since Continental is the new supplier ) At minimum, it's tire and wheel combo will eventually get upgraded to the new production tire. (see note) But with the combo they have now, they can do all their testing. Anyway these are the challenges we are looking for at and after the LA show.

You know we are often very detailed about watching this progression. Maybe that's a bit too stressful for some, having transferred the constant questioning into nervousness.

Last edited:

Mr Deleon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
As the excitement builds up for the eventual P5 reveal this November followed by the 25+ engineering series which no one knows if funding has been secured to build it- will EM have enough time to get everything in place to finally start production by 4th quarter of 2016 as being advertised right now? Or are they facing yet another delay? It is our hope that if they ever get to the point of actually start testing these E series, everything holds up the way they're designed and engineered to perform per their computer simulations. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst as the saying goes, if "some" tests do not meet their expected results, it's back to the drawing boards for more adjustments, refinements, etc. which will cost more money and more delays! IMHO, 2016 is a long shot but not entirely impossible. Infusion of funding will decide but no guarantees how soon production will begin.

At this point, I am not concerned with the Elio meeting the exact mpgs they promised, I will settle for an Elio that is just available!

Top Bottom