• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
many a moon has passed since the great gas cap location rhubarb ..:confused:.. what folks get fired up about never ceases to intrigue me .... the gas cap on my Chevy Silverado is on the driver's side .... the one for my wife's Chevy Camaro is on the passenger's side .... our Sportchassis has one on both sides .... the reality is, you can pump fuel into the vehicles through all of them .... I honestly can't tell that the side it comes in on makes any difference whatsoever to the vehicle ;)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mark ...

do you envision your trike having a trunk similar to the Elio ..?..

Elio Motors never found a way to work around the obstruction from the head rest for both the front and rear seat in installing a regular rear view mirror .... have you given it any thought ..?

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now...about the gas cap................Which side is it on?

Looks like there was some fun I missed ... but in all seriousness, with a vehicle that narrow, I just can't see it mattering which side it's on, the pump is going to reach easily :-)

Mark ...

do you envision your trike having a trunk similar to the Elio ..?..

Elio Motors never found a way to work around the obstruction from the head rest for both the front and rear seat in installing a regular rear view mirror .... have you given it any thought ..?

I think the trunk on the Elio was too small, both the overall size and the hatch.

I am quite happy with external mirrors only, and ironically i was driving a car all last week that had no interior mirror and I was just fine with it, the 'line of sight' convergence on mine or the Elio, would be very close to the rear of the car, so I can't see a big issue.

For those who feel they need an interior mirror, I would suggest a reversing camera? I might be wrong, but I think there's even rear view cameras set up as a normal hanging interior mirror? It's just something I haven't investigated yet.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think the trunk on the Elio was too small, both the overall size and the hatch.

agree .... a larger trunk with the back seat up would be a major asset .... having a back seat that folds to increase the space would make it even larger .... there was considerable discussion about use of an Elio type vehicle for businesses .... Pizza and small package delivery was but a couple of examples ....another being an overnight getaway vehicle for couple

I am quite happy with external mirrors only, and ironically i was driving a car all last week that had no interior mirror and I was just fine with it, the 'line of sight' convergence on mine or the Elio, would be very close to the rear of the car, so I can't see a big issue. For those who feel they need an interior mirror, I would suggest a reversing camera?

over time. as I recall, that seemed to be the group consensus

Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Members on this forum became so starved for real progress and information, we drifted into the pages of debate over the location of the gas cap. Funny yet sad.

I don’t think we’re going to have that issue with this project of Mark’s.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just think. If Paul would have only engineered a simple "Y" gasoline feed pipe and therefore had the option of filling from either side, he could have gotten 360,000 more $1K reservations and the car would have been built by now. Hindsight is everything.

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Members on this forum became so starved for real progress and information,

There will be lulls in the proceedings occasionally, I promise to avoid 8 year lulls though ...

There will be a couple of days lull right now, it's because I am out and about researching resources, and buying stuff, all part of the process.

Hightech

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
There will be lulls in the proceedings occasionally, I promise to avoid 8 year lulls though ...

There will be a couple of days lull right now, it's because I am out and about researching resources, and buying stuff, all part of the process.

@MarkBEX

As much as I am excited for what your doing, I'll keep it frank, quite a past out there on this sort of stuff, so I'd disagree with your above comment...

Anyway, not to doubt anything your doing, or to discourage you (as there is nothing for us[forum members] to lose [not asking for startup funds, etc]); even at worst case it seems like you'll end up with a fun little offroad toy car for yourself. So win win. Stay creative.

Top Bottom