• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
that appears to really fill up the space in the engine compartment ... how much ground clearance do you anticipate ..?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
10-4 info appreciated ... my reason for asking is my wife's 2016 Camaro is 3.5" under car at catalytic converter, 4.3" at front splitter .... my 2011 Silverado 1500 4X4 is about 9" .... the ease in getting in and out of them is very different .... I figured your trike would be much closer to the Camaro than to the Silverado

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
for vehicles with a low ground clearance I have to sit down and then pivot to bring both legs into the vehicle .... with taller clearance vehicle I can step it with out the pivoting ... being old, heavy and with bad knees getting in and out of a Camaro type vehicle ain't easy .... also the door has to be pretty much wide open for me to pivot and swing both legs into and out of a vehicle .... in some parking lots that can present a problem .... with the single long door on an Elio that was my prime concern in buying one .... for me your concept of 2 regular doors, will be a big plus

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Very true, in the Camaro's (for me) it's get out, and climb up, in my Dodge Journey it's pretty much even, or it's up just a little, in a pickup it's way up, which I have "Fun" with (it's a bitch getting in since it's up a lot) But remember, I broke my back before, and it's a bitch in low cars and tall trucks, my Journey is the only one that's easy for me. (Ok I'll stop complaining (whaanaaa wwhhaaahhhaaa)) But it's something I'm used to; the Journey works best for me, and I can see this "toy" fitting me quite nicely. Mark, sorry to refer to your project as a toy, but I've worked on cars for a very long time, and know how to modify to make things work for me and I have modified quite a few to fit me, and people like me (broken bodies) so it's no problem to modify something to make it fit a person, I've done a few thousand modifications.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You may be aging yourself by using the term “fan belt”.
Accessory belt is too long to spell.

**Note** as of 2030 Washington State is banning Gas powered vehicles, well selling them. At least they are looking at passing that law. So better fit an electric in that also, or I better move. But how long till other states do the same.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Accessory belt is too long to spell.

**Note** as of 2030 Washington State is banning Gas powered vehicles, well selling them. At least they are looking at passing that law. So better fit an electric in that also, or I better move. But how long till other states do the same.
I agree. Less complicated, fewer parts, and with the trend towards EVs expanding market demand by the time it ever makes it to production. It could turn out to be a cool kit three wheeler for those that prefer an ICE. I’ve been driving my first EV for about 6 months and unless something dramatic happens.......I’m sold on the EV based on it’s performance and handling.....and won’t go back. I’ve never owned a vehicle so quick off the line and scary top speed. Haven’t missed the stops for COSTCO gas.

Top Bottom