• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My Elio Alternate Project Is Underway.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you can keep the concept in a KISS mode, (Keep It Simple Son) there should not be any problems that you can't handle.

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Usually I can strip a car out in a day or so, but I am labeling, checking and measuring stuff as I go to see those component's suitability for the BEX, soaks up a lot of time.
Driveline comes out tomorrow.

strip 1.jpg

strip 2.jpg

strip 3.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
those seats don't look bad at all ..:cool:.. .

Actually those seat are no good for this style of vehicle. They are like sports seats in that the headrests are built in, and taper up from a wide base, as you can see in the picture.

The problem with that is the rear passenger's forward view is restricted by them, and adds to the claustrophobic feeling, so I will be opting not only for a removable headrest, the type that has 2 stalks, that often can be raised and lowered too, but likely making the headrest smaller as well.

. no clue what most of the other parts are ..:confused:

... darn, hope I can find someone who does .... :D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually those seat are no good for this style of vehicle. They are like sports seats in that the headrests are built in, and taper up from a wide base, as you can see in the picture.

The problem with that is the rear passenger's forward view is restricted by them, and adds to the claustrophobic feeling, so I will be opting not only for a removable headrest, the type that has 2 stalks, that often can be raised and lowered too, but likely making the headrest smaller as well.

once again, your assessment is dead on the money .... the front seat of the Elio all but totally blocked the forward view from the passenger's seat and, unless it was folded down, the rear seat blocked the driver's view out the back window .... we attended several shows and I quickly found I couldn't handle sitting in the rear seat for long .... my wife wasn't happy with the claustrophobic rear seat but she decided she could stand it for short trips ....

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
once again, your assessment is dead on the money .... the front seat of the Elio all but totally blocked the forward view from the passenger's seat and, unless it was folded down, the rear seat blocked the driver's view out the back window .... we attended several shows and I quickly found I couldn't handle sitting in the rear seat for long .... my wife wasn't happy with the claustrophobic rear seat but she decided she could stand it for short trips ....

I am used to being the one driving and being in control so I find it uncomfortable/unnerving to be in the back seat of any vehicle.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am used to being the one driving and being in control so I find it uncomfortable/unnerving to be in the back seat of any vehicle.

well understood .... the vast majority of the time, when I'm traveling by car/truck/motorcycle and such I'm driving ....

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
understood .... I usually drive with traveling on a highway .... when I'm not driving, I tend to try and sleep

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score

That's why it's important I make people as comfortable as possible back there, they must be treated as a priority passenger, a front seat passenger who is behind, not secondary as so many back seats are.

Top Bottom