• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
just to see, I typed in Jan 1, 2016 and typed in reservation number 45,000 .... it shows that it will take about 8.5 to 9 months to fill the current reservations
I used the link you posted and it figured 7 months to do 46,000 10-1-16 would complete by 4-12-17

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I used the link you posted and it figured 7 months to do 46,000 10-1-16 would complete by 4-12-17

just went back and reentered the 45000 and got the answer shown below .... figured out what I did wrong the first time was I entered a change of production date but didn't click on the Change Start Date button .... dates given below indicate 6 1/2 to 7 months

Enter Your Spot In Line
arrow.png

7/15/2016 - 7/28/2016*

What is the first day of production?
The first real day of production is not known. We have been told that the Elio will be produces in the first half of 2016. For the purposes of this calculator, we are assuming that Monday January 4, 2016 will be the first production day (the first full week in 2016.) The base production date will be altered as new information comes out.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
just went back and reentered the 45000 and got the answer shown below .... figured out what I did wrong the first time was I entered a change of production date but didn't click on the Change Start Date button .... dates given below indicate 6 1/2 to 7 months

Enter Your Spot In Line
arrow.png

7/15/2016 - 7/28/2016*

What is the first day of production?
The first real day of production is not known. We have been told that the Elio will be produces in the first half of 2016. For the purposes of this calculator, we are assuming that Monday January 4, 2016 will be the first production day (the first full week in 2016.) The base production date will be altered as new information comes out.

It's a nice calculator but it is way too conservative. Elio is using experienced suppliers and they have an existing assembly line. It'll take workers less Han a day to learn their jobs. With suppliers supplying parts at Elio's rates, the logistics hat are unique to Elio are the only unknown but to counter hat, Paul brought on experienced management. So, I would be willing to bet they'll be full speed easily within he first month.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
it was supposed to be put together using EM's released info on starting production, ramping up, time built in for refining the process and such .... I have no clue as to the formula used

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think they have an unknown also with the motor production rate.
Because they don't control the foundry rate there is no telling how that production rate will match.
When you have to depend on others you never have a "sure thing".

Reactions: Ekh

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think they have an unknown also with the motor production rate.
Because they don't control the foundry rate there is no telling how that production rate will match.
When you have to depend on others you never have a "sure thing".
To really start production in 2016, and to have 1,000 engines on hand (a minimum, I'd suppose), when would they need to place their order? I think Elio is subcontracting engine fabrication and assembly, or is it just fabrication? Ty may know the answer to this.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To really start production in 2016, and to have 1,000 engines on hand (a minimum, I'd suppose), when would they need to place their order? I think Elio is subcontracting engine fabrication and assembly, or is it just fabrication? Ty may know the answer to this.

Just the block and head. Assembly will be done at Elio plant.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it's just fabrication. I wouldn't worry about the cast parts as there are established people who do that already and IAV is making sure all that runs right. Since IAV may have suddenly found the requirements for VW engines in a sudden decline, they'll have time to build enough Elio engines for sure... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom