• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Luggage Trailer

Coss

Staff member
I thought the Coss's sketch of the "Bussel" saddle bag on the rear of the Elio was one of the most practical applications for some additional temporary storage space. When I find it again I will post it. Someone may want to build saddlebags.
Look up Sethodine, he did the sketch and I was talking about it.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Look up Sethodine, he did the sketch and I was talking about it.
Here is said sketch, along with a mock-up I finally threw together for it.
34phmq1.jpg

It appears to have a little more than 2 cubic feet of storage, depending on how much of the interior of the space is used up by the metal tube structure.

Danny Williams

Elio Aficionado
I just ran across this.....I bet we see many rigs like this behind Elios.
2010-CanAm-SpyderRTAudioandConvenienceRoadsterg.jpg

34phmq1.jpg

It appears to have a little more than 2 cubic feet of storage, depending on how much of the interior of the space is used up by the metal tube structure.

Neat concept. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
34phmq1.jpg

Thank you Seth! I envision something similar, only "hitch mounted". Since I plan on making a trailer and (buying or making) a trailer hitch, a hitch mounted box would be a natural addition.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Anybody post this yet by our good friends @ Harbor Freight?
View attachment 10715
$379 :D

YES! lots of conversation about the Harbor freight trailer. It seems to be a low-cost/ high-value favorite among the tour bike owners. Many folks that own it are happy to share the list of upgrades they recommend. Last time I read the customer reviews (on Harborfreight.com) I noticed, many of the reviewers listed the upgrades they had performed.
Great trailer after a few improvements...IF you want a 2-wheel "wide" trailer.