• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Luggage Trailer

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The more I look at it, I'm pretty sure some aftermarket business can offer a bolt-on hitch and trailer kit. And given the interest, eventually it will not be too expensive. How that navigates insurance and EM warrantee is debatable. Certainly I'd unbolt it if you get warrantee work done. And the trailer maker will not easily get approval from EM, but they only need approval from insurance.

The smart way would be to patent it, finance their own crash testing and insurance approval then partner with EM for marketing.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The more I look at it, I'm pretty sure some aftermarket business can offer a bolt-on hitch and trailer kit. And given the interest, eventually it will not be too expensive. How that navigates insurance and EM warrantee is debatable. Certainly I'd unbolt it if you get warrantee work done. And the trailer maker will not easily get approval from EM, but they only need approval from insurance.

The smart way would be to patent it, finance their own crash testing and insurance approval then partner with EM for marketing.

Another way, is to pay lawyers to write up a bullet-proof "disclaimer". Something like..."The purchaser of this product realizes that towing a trailer is dangerous, and assumes ALL LIABILITY for damages which may result from use or misuse...including death, dismemberment, physical injury, emotional injury, etc....
You know, about 50 pages worth. :rolleyes: :D

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another way, is to pay lawyers to write up a bullet-proof "disclaimer". Something like..."The purchaser of this product realizes that towing a trailer is dangerous, and assumes ALL LIABILITY for damages which may result from use or misuse...including death, dismemberment, physical injury, emotional injury, etc....
You know, about 50 pages worth. :rolleyes: :D
And really small print :D

Danny Williams

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A $3000 trailer on a $6800 Elio...........I don't think so :D
Somebody mentioned they were concerned about pulling a trailer with the trike configuration. That was the point. Personally, I'm looking at a small luggage trailer from Harbor Freight. It costs $350....That sort of thing make sense to me too.

Top Bottom