• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just Wow!!!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depending on who they go with, I think this is great news. I would much rather have a developed and road tested drivetrain than a new, homebrew setup. But it will be interesting to see if they can keep to their low price point. Man, if I can get 110 - 150 HP in my Elio, that will be a RIOT to drive.

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depending on who they go with, I think this is great news. I would much rather have a developed and road tested drivetrain than a new, homebrew setup. But it will be interesting to see if they can keep to their low price point. Man, if I can get 110 - 150 HP in my Elio, that will be a RIOT to drive.

The release said they were fitting it in the prototype, but I hope they put it in an e-series too and we see this thing on a test track soon.

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Found this article:
profile_mask2.png

Anita Johnson
1:12 PM (2 hours ago)

to me
cleardot.gif

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...w-powertrain-from-mystery-supplier/ar-BBNCoyK

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

This is an excerpt from the above mentioned article...

Elio previously said it would use a 0.9-liter three-cylinder gasoline engine. The most recent specifications on the Elio website show an output of 55 horsepower and 55 pound-feet of torque, meaning the new engine should have around 100 hp. Elio has quoted zero-to-60 mph in 10.8 seconds and a top speed of over 100 mph, with fuel economy of 84 mpg highway and 49 mpg city.

Best known for its NASCAR racing activities and aftermarket performance upgrades, Roush also has an engineering arm that will be in charge of integrating the new powertrain with Elio prototypes ahead of the start of production. Although buying an existing powertrain is supposed to save time, the development work required to switch powertrains can't be done overnight. But Elio's prospective customers have gotten used to waiting.....My reply... NO WE HAVE NOT!
8.jpg

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom