• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Johnson Interview - Autoline After Hours #347 - 9/16/16

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Not you. There is one member who serious gets mad at everything I post. I will just leave it at that. I will not let this helpful blog site become a battleground for anything. Not worth it.
If you want to, you can always file a complaint simply by clicking on the REPORT button of the offending post.
No one should have to go through harassment.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe you want proof of the statement in bold (which I don't recall using in my statement).

The proof is largely circumstantial, but real for all that. It's a matter of piecing together what is known, and working from that to what is not known, i.e, cars that are not yet started or completed.

1. It has taken EM four months from the time they announced the start of the E-1 series (design locked) for the first 5, and only 3 cars have been completed so far, at least as far as we know. The E1-A went to Continental, the E1-B (the "historical" car, kept up to date as changes are made) has not been announced as finished, but it's not going anywhere (being kept by EM), so it may or may not exist. E1-C is the marketing car, and it will not be released until the LA show in December (though I have reason to believe it is very near completion). The E1-D is at RedDot for HVAC work. The E1-E is unaccounted for.

2. Before Elio can build "roadable" cars (i.e., the fleet of 100), it must complete ALL the engineering validation tests. Since 23 cars are required, and 5 are known to have been started, there are 18 vehicles required which are unaccounted for.

Dig a little deeper with me. EM has been following the practice of releasing each one of these cars with a fanfare of publicity, even if they're incomplete (like E1-D, which has no working headlights or mirrors, just to name a few missing components). It is entirely to EM's interest to announce completion of these vehicles, as they stir up interest and generate milestones, showing EM is on track. So no fanfare equals no completed cars.

It's possible that there are a few that have been completed and quietly sent off to do their duty. But it's extremely unlikely.

Now, go to the last filed SEC document and read the test schedule. No way in hell can it be completed by year-end, EVEN IF ALL THE CARS WERE READY TODAY. I may have some additional information, the sources of which are none of your business, and they generally support what I'm saying here.

It is to EM's interest to get these test cars out there and, well, tested. Their utter (and very unusual) silence about any past E1-E, and non-release of that vehicle as yet, argues that they CANNOT complete all the cars and do the testing as quickly as desired. Unless there's been some engineering nightmare (unlikely), the probable reason is lack of cash -- which is absolutely the struggle EM has dealt with all along.

Outsyde, I get very tired of your demanding proof of everything I say. Why don't YOU offer proof of your own that I'm full of BS?

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe you want proof of the statement in bold (which I don't recall using in my statement).

The proof is largely circumstantial, but real for all that. It's a matter of piecing together what is known, and working from that to what is not known, i.e, cars that are not yet started or completed.

1. It has taken EM 4 months from the time they announced the start of the E-1 series (design locked for the first 5 and only 3 cars have been completed so far, at least as far as we know. The E1-A went to Continental, the E1-B (the "historical" car, kept up to date as changes are made) has not been announced as finished, but it's not going anywhere (being kept by EM), so it may or may not exist. E1-C is the marketing car, and it will not be released until the LA show in December (though I have reason to believe it is very near completion). The E1-D is at RedDot for HVAC work. The E1-E is unaccounted for.

2. Before Elio can build "roadable" cars (e.g., the fleet of 100), it must complete ALL the engineering validation tests. Since 23 cars are required, and 5 are known to have been started, there are 18 vehicles required which are unaccounted for.

Dig a little deeper with me. EM has been following the practice of releasing each one of these cars with a fanfare of publicity, even if they're incomplete (like E1-D, which has no working headlights or rocker mirrors, just to name a few missing components). It is entirely to EM's interest to announce completion of these vehicles, as they stir up interest and generate milestones, showing EM is on track. So no fanfare equals no completed cars.

It's possible that there are a few that have been completed and quietly sent off to do their duty. But it's extremely unlikely.

Now, go to the last filed SEC document and read the test schedule. No way in hell can it be completed by year-end, EVEN IF ALL THE CARS WERE READY TODAY. I may have some additional information, the sources of which are none of your business, and they generally support what I'm saying here.

It is to EM's interest to get these test cars out there and, well, tested. Their utter (and very unusual) silence about any past E1-E, and non-release of that vehicle, argues that they CANNOT complete all the cars and do the testing as quickly as desired. Unless there's been some engineering nightmare (unlikely), the probable reason is lack of cash -- which is absolutely the struggle EM has dealt with all along.

Outsyde, I get very tired of your demanding proof of everything I say. Why don't YOU offer proof of you own that I'm full of BS?
You do a good enough job yourself :becky:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey hey!!! Not feeling the love! -Lighten up, this has been going on for years, no need now.
I know the Elgin, gas filler, and colors will continue to be all time favs, and EM scheduled "announcements", have raised and crashed expectations.
No matter the few units, there designated, alphabet placement, this time, last year they were still a dream.
I have always thought it was $$$$$$, and still do.
There are still MANY obstacles to overcome.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm hopeing the quietness from EM is like the "Lull before the storm".

I agree! I think EM, altho "well intentioned", has learned to NOT share too much of their "forward thinking".
There are just too many people who (seem to) enjoy pointing out every little "change in direction" as lies and deception.
I don't know about you, but I NEED what EM is trying to provide. For that reason, I am willing to do whatever I can to show support.
I am convinced that EM is doing EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to "git er done." The logistical challenges they have overcome so far are mindboggleing! :cheer2:

Top Bottom