• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

January 15, 2015 Delay And Delay Repercussions Discussion - All Others Will Be Combined!

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with CrimsonEclipse about toes. If the big USA auto manufacturers need a piece of equipment and it isn't at a "stolen" price, I wouldn't think they would buy it from Elio. To make my point, I don't know what the mood is of the big three manufacturers in regards to Elio and if they think Elio is a "fly". If the big three automakers feel Elio is a threat to their market shares then they must know that buying the equipment will help Elio. I hope this isn't the case and I have seen cooperation between the auto manufacturers. Lets hope they will cooperate here or another industry in the USA needs the equipment fast.

Expensive equipment doesn't sell fast in any case. The sales are more likely going to be over seas... As the USA looses or moves it's manufacturing.:mad:
Paul purchased the GM equipment from auction so it had to be much cheaper than appraised so I would think GM would buy it for more than PE paid and still get it cheaper than appraisal. Hope GM is really interested.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me start this by saying I know Nothing about how corporate foreclosures etc actually work. Just asking if there was a simplified explanation that makes sense. My question - If there was so much value in the equipment and assets in the old GM building, why would these have been abandoned by the government while giving GM Billions of dollars in bail out money? You would think if there were walls of gold there Someone would have mined the facility and sold off any assets of value prior to cutting them a bankruptcy check? I am asking this with No agenda I just never understood why this would be possible. Also, someone familiar with the high end machine tool market (25 years) why would they choose to go the Ebay route?? Most if not all of the advanced equipment is fairly industry specific. Most manufacturing facilities I deal with would never shop on Ebay for million dollar equipment. There are Many used advanced machinery brokers around the world. Why Ebay and why so late in the game? Ebay is most go to sell machine junk that the educated market would never buy or parts systems. Again, I could not be a more avid Elio supporter and will continue to be but I just didn't understand this flee market fund raising concept. Does a percentage of the proceeds go back to the tax payers that bailed out GM?
good questions and as one who has never dealt with Ebay, I think it would be a very cheap way to advertise. I think the gov't was just trying to get past the GM thing as a PR target and dumped the equip to get some dollars back rather than sit and hope like PE is now. Also other than GM buying back, I doubt the possible customers are the facilities you are identifying. Also, flea market marketing may be quickest way to get some cash flowing into almost empty coffers plus be a positive PR item.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just to clarify there are no 30,000 at $1k. I just got my number 11,492 so maybe 12,000. I just don't see this as a scam & I did see a comment by PE in a Q&A that only a fraction of 1% of money raised went to staff & management.
Yeah, I know. I was using a high number to illustrate my point. There are easier ways to con people.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let me start this by saying I know Nothing about how corporate foreclosures etc actually work. Just asking if there was a simplified explanation that makes sense. My question - If there was so much value in the equipment and assets in the old GM building, why would these have been abandoned by the government while giving GM Billions of dollars in bail out money? You would think if there were walls of gold there Someone would have mined the facility and sold off any assets of value prior to cutting them a bankruptcy check? I am asking this with No agenda I just never understood why this would be possible. Also, someone familiar with the high end machine tool market (25 years) why would they choose to go the Ebay route?? Most if not all of the advanced equipment is fairly industry specific. Most manufacturing facilities I deal with would never shop on Ebay for million dollar equipment. There are Many used advanced machinery brokers around the world. Why Ebay and why so late in the game? Ebay is most go to sell machine junk that the educated market would never buy or parts systems. Again, I could not be a more avid Elio supporter and will continue to be but I just didn't understand this flee market fund raising concept. Does a percentage of the proceeds go back to the tax payers that bailed out GM?
I would think they used ebay solely for the reason that eBay can handle the transactions.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Holy crap Blackbird, we agree!? Are you turning to the dark side?

Idk if Elio bought this equipment at auction, but if so, I doubt they would make much reselling. Why wouldnt the big manufacturer just win the auction? They would know about it just like Elio would know...Often times items are bid close to their true value at auctions.

In this sense, Elio is acting like a broker....or flipper. In terms of flipping, you really make the money when you buy. You often get cheaper prices when you are the only potential buyer.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think they used ebay solely for the reason that eBay can handle the transactions.

Many companies can auction items and get a premium dollar. IMO, ebay is the cheapest auction/auctioneer to use which could be a big factor.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
good questions and as one who has never dealt with Ebay, I think it would be a very cheap way to advertise. I think the gov't was just trying to get past the GM thing as a PR target and dumped the equip to get some dollars back rather than sit and hope like PE is now. Also other than GM buying back, I doubt the possible customers are the facilities you are identifying. Also, flea market marketing may be quickest way to get some cash flowing into almost empty coffers plus be a positive PR item.

Is the quickest way to get cash the best? Is 10m now or 20m for the same thing in 4 months more beneficial to Elio Motors?(example)....all depends on the situation really.

Also Ebay doesn't really go out advertise your items like a traditional auction company would. Now Elio is using that one company so maybe its a hybrid type?

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the quickest way to get cash the best? Is 10m now or 20m for the same thing in 4 months more beneficial to Elio Motors?(example)....all depends on the situation really.

Also Ebay doesn't really go out advertise your items like a traditional auction company would. Now Elio is using that one company so maybe its a hybrid type?
Ask the thousands of folks who use pawn shops about quick $. lol As to another poster about equipment, I think either Caddo Parrish or someone acting on their behalf took over the building + equipment and part of PEs deal when not allowed to buy building was to lease it & equipment was "thrown in". IIRC, Elio was trying to buy the building after the Detroit deal fell through & then Caddo bought it and then leased part of it to ELio.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I forgot to mention before but that Elio rep today said they hit 40,000 reservations. That figure just didn't make it to the Elio site yet.
images3MZANMEH.jpg
Wow! We hit 40,000 reservations! But I won't tell!

Top Bottom