• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

January 15, 2015 Delay And Delay Repercussions Discussion - All Others Will Be Combined!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think EM paid $26M for the equipment. I think that was a RACERS Trust valuation. I also think GM spent more than that initially.

Based on Bruce Rasher's response at the 8/13 meeting, Elio paid $3M six months prior. The next payment due (shortly) was $2.2M. And monthly payments of $175K were to start in three months and end in 30 months.

My rough calculation for the equipment purchase is $10M ($3M + $2.2M + $4.8M). And, EM will own the equipment free-and-clear in the spring of 2016 (assuming payments went/go as planned).
My only real concern about the equipment is that it's being used by EM to build Elios.

Heck I'd even settle on seeing the equipment tooled up and ready to build Elios with a newly hired and trained factory worker standing alongside the line doing a thumbs up with a big smile on their face about to push the start button that gets the line rolling to manufacture reservation #01 as they roll it out to the receiving area where Paul Elio hands me the keys, I get in, fire it up, wave and yell job well done, and drive it back to Idaho......oh wait I must be dreaming again.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guessed you missed it- we are China's slave- if they EVER were to cash in their bonds-we collapse -they alone are responsible for keeping us afloat!!, yea, I know it's hard, but reality bites.
So a Chinese couple go into their "Yen" (dollar) store, and look at all the items they can buy for a yen, and when they look on the bottom, they see "Made in the USA"- we are the next third world country- ya might chose not to notice, but the next generation Elio will probably come to us via India or China

That's was my point... but whatever.

Yen is Japanese.
Yuan is Chinese.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a friend named Jose. He was so happy with how welcoming and compassionate we Americans are. He snuck into a baseball game one time but couldn't find a seat. So he shimmied up the flag pole. Then just before the game started, the whole crowd turned to him and sang "Jose, can you see...?"

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a friend named Jose. He was so happy with how welcoming and compassionate we Americans are. He snuck into a baseball game one time but couldn't find a seat. So he shimmied up the flag pole. Then just before the game started, the whole crowd turned to him and sang "Jose, can you see...?"
ouch!!!!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

So...where in this article did EM or PE "promise" a production date?... I will answer that question. If you will take the time to read paragraph 6, which says...

"Mr. Elio said he expects his company to begin commercial vehicle production in first quarter 2015, with significant hiring at the Caddo Parish facility to begin by the fourth quarter of 2014 and full employment to be reached in late 2015."

Since when does the word "expect" mean the same thing as "promise?"

Are we expecting too much from you? ;)

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Juan is Mexican!;)

Hmmmmm, all this time I thought Juan flew over the cuckoos nest. :rolleyes:

One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoos-001.jpg

Top Bottom