• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is There Any Physical And Substantial Progress Towards Production Of The Elio?

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It sounds to me as if you are trying to mold EM into what you think it should be instead of understanding that there is more than one acceptable way to accomplish a task. The fact of the matter is that just because you are used to doing things using a long drawn out and expensive process does not mean that everyone else uses the same process or even should use the same process.

It does not sound like you have any experience running a business. The fact of the matter is that all businesses must be willing and able to adapt to the constantly changing world around them or they do not survive. This is especially important for a start-up business which is starting from the ground up as that never goes completely to plan and frequently involves throwing the plan out the window all together and heading in another direction.

EM, and their engineering partners, will build as many vehicles as they feel is necessary to accomplish their goals within their time-frame. The exact number of vehicles, like the rest of the plan, is subject to re-evaluation as things change over time.

Thanks Goofy,
You have the patience of Jobe and did eloquently explain the points, I dont have your patience and have a habit of just walk away from 'old school bureaucrats' when they continually use the old rules and refuse to look outside the box. I spent 20+ years as a helicopter mech/door gunners inthe AF and have always told people "I spent 20 years protecting your right and freedom to think as you see fit, Your thoughts dont mean squat to me, but I am glad you have those freedoms and will protect them till I die, but please dont try to force them on me cuzz I wont listen anymore. Texas Elio I am all in and am glad you enjoy questioning the feasability Elio, but I for one am tired of hearing from naysayers like you, but will protect your right to say what you want. I have just selected to not follow you further.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Goofy and I cant wait to meet you at the first national Elio Owners ride in in 2016.

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It does not sound like you have any experience running a business. The fact of the matter is that all businesses must be willing and able to adapt to the constantly changing world around them or they do not survive. This is especially important for a start-up business which is starting from the ground up as that never goes completely to plan and frequently involves throwing the plan out the window all together and heading in another direction.

Self unemployed for all but 2 years of my life...entrepreneurial background...started my first company with a couple of thousand dollars...been involved in several start-ups ...200 plus employee's at one point...retired early...love all matters relating to commerce & manufacturing...

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Goofy,
You have the patience of Jobe and did eloquently explain the points, I don't have your patience and have a habit of just walk away from 'old school bureaucrats' when they continually use the old rules and refuse to look outside the box. I spent 20+ years as a helicopter mech/door gunners inthe AF and have always told people "I spent 20 years protecting your right and freedom to think as you see fit, Your thoughts dont mean squat to me, but I am glad you have those freedoms and will protect them till I die, but please dont try to force them on me cuzz I wont listen anymore. Texas Elio I am all in and am glad you enjoy questioning the feasibility Elio, but I for one am tired of hearing from naysayers like you, but will protect your right to say what you want.

Thank you for your service in the Air Force...and yes...individual like yourself do protect the freedoms we all take for granted!!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Should have left it at only time will telllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................
image.jpg

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Self unemployed for all but 2 years of my life...entrepreneurial background...started my first company with a couple of thousand dollars...been involved in several start-ups ...200 plus employee's at one point...retired early...love all matters relating to commerce & manufacturing...
...and yet you still don't get it! We're really expecting a lot more from you with your 30 years in the automotive industry but in the end, you opened your mouth before doing your own research and end up agreeing with G1. But that's ok, I know you're impatience made you question EM's resolve but I suggest you seat back, relax, and enjoy the ride because EM is the sole driver of this whole process! Do your research diligently, follow the tech talk and wait it out until late this year. Sounds fair to you?;)

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It sounds to me as if you are trying to mold EM into what you think it should be instead of understanding that there is more than one acceptable way to accomplish a task. The fact of the matter is that just because you are used to doing things using a long drawn out and expensive process does not mean that everyone else uses the same process or even should use the same process.

Business is all about...product innovation...a quality product or service...fair pricing structure...and always questioning the status quo...

Any successful business must be constantly evolving...

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Goofy,
You have the patience of Jobe and did eloquently explain the points, I dont have your patience and have a habit of just walk away from 'old school bureaucrats' when they continually use the old rules and refuse to look outside the box. I spent 20+ years as a helicopter mech/door gunners inthe AF and have always told people "I spent 20 years protecting your right and freedom to think as you see fit, Your thoughts dont mean squat to me, but I am glad you have those freedoms and will protect them till I die, but please dont try to force them on me cuzz I wont listen anymore. Texas Elio I am all in and am glad you enjoy questioning the feasability Elio, but I for one am tired of hearing from naysayers like you, but will protect your right to say what you want. I have just selected to not follow you further.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Goofy and I cant wait to meet you at the first national Elio Owners ride in in 2016.
Well said and after 27 years in the Army I agree with you about protecting the rights of those we disagree with. Like you, I don't have to listen to them and fortunately the forum has provided an option for us to ignore those who we no longer consider reasonable or agreeable.

Top Bottom