• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is There Any Physical And Substantial Progress Towards Production Of The Elio?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So am I the only one that has heard that said?

curious ..
idea2.gif
.. did the message come from the voices in you head ..
confused.gif

sorry.gif
.... the devil made me do it ..

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good afternoon Hector,

In my world...computer modeling is used early on to set certain design parameters when developing a completely new vehicle concept...

But...the project eventually moves to the construction of a fleet of pre-production specification ready test mules...these mules are used to validate the original computer modeling design expectations...the fleet of "mules" are subject to 100,000's of test miles in all type of driving & road conditions...and of course...real world saftey testing...gas mileage & emission testing is undertaken...

As a result of the extensive testing...design flaws are pinpointed...and redesigns are initiated...lots of staff...time & money are necessary to complete this phase of development ...

The P3 and P4 show cars are a not mechanically similar to the the fleet of specification ready mules that Mr Elio has indicated will need to be built before moving to the production phase...

This whole project is in it's early stages of development...with no real world validation testing data that indicates the promised specifications are obtainable ...
How many $6800 vehicles live in your world??

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mr Elio has been quoted (in the last year) as indicating that 18 to 30 test mules will be necessary to provide for pre-production validation testing...but the actual number seems to be a moving target...

I find that number to be ambitious, but what do I know..... :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Good afternoon Hector,

In my world...computer modeling is used early on to set certain design parameters when developing a completely new vehicle concept...

But...the project eventually moves to the construction of a fleet of pre-production specification ready test mules...these mules are used to validate the original computer modeling design expectations...the fleet of "mules" are subject to 100,000's of test miles in all type of driving & road conditions...and of course...real world saftey testing...gas mileage & emission testing is undertaken...

As a result of the extensive testing...design flaws are pinpointed...and redesigns are initiated...lots of staff...time & money are necessary to complete this phase of development ...

The P3 and P4 show cars are a not mechanically similar to the the fleet of specification ready mules that Mr Elio has indicated will need to be built before moving to the production phase...

This whole project is in it's early stages of development...with no real world validation testing data that indicates the promised specifications are obtainable ...

It sounds to me as if you are trying to mold EM into what you think it should be instead of understanding that there is more than one acceptable way to accomplish a task. The fact of the matter is that just because you are used to doing things using a long drawn out and expensive process does not mean that everyone else uses the same process or even should use the same process.

I'm familiar with all the data you referenced...and you are correct with your comments...my research has reinforced the notion that their "plan" is always changing...and I have no doubt the "plan" will change again...consumer confidence never thrives on uncertainty...

It does not sound like you have any experience running a business. The fact of the matter is that all businesses must be willing and able to adapt to the constantly changing world around them or they do not survive. This is especially important for a start-up business which is starting from the ground up as that never goes completely to plan and frequently involves throwing the plan out the window all together and heading in another direction.

Mr Elio has been quoted (in the last year) as indicating that 18 to 30 test mules will be necessary to provide for pre-production validation testing...but the actual number seems to be a moving target...

EM, and their engineering partners, will build as many vehicles as they feel is necessary to accomplish their goals within their time-frame. The exact number of vehicles, like the rest of the plan, is subject to re-evaluation as things change over time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom