• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Still Saying Mid 2016 To Start Production?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So you're saying the ATVM loan is like the lighthouse in the unpredictable seas of the Gov't, and dense fog of uncertainty. And if Paul, the lighthouse keeper, can't light the beacon of production in time, our hopes will be dash on the rocks of despair and mistrust. Elio Owners will become the jetsam and flotsam of a dream wreck that was carrying hope and promise of a greener and more economical future.:(
...or were you talking about something else. I'm easily distracted. :rolleyes:
image.jpeg

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but why do so many of you think that DaveM is lying or trying to sabotage things? There must be something I'm not seeing here.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but why do so many of you think that DaveM is lying or trying to sabotage things? There must be something I'm not seeing here.
Agreed.
The date he joined this group and the date that he started following or even put his reservation on an Elio have no correlation.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tend to agree, and think if EM is successful with their persuit of the ATVM loan, the sweet narcosis of "this is going to happen" that money can bring, will settle in over reservation holders like a spring mornings mist over a hay field or pond and we'll all be good with waiting, I think we'll know about the loan sometime this winter, or that mist will chill into the the slow and steady march towards winter. ;)
Purple prose glows in iridescent color on these pages. Is that a good thing?

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
I don't post or follow too closely anymore so apologies in advance for jumping in. But, from a birds eye view, it is interesting that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Change:
  • Elio bespoke engine up and running in the P5 (despite naysayers telling all that no real engine exists).
  • The P5 itself. Honestly a very different vehicle from P4. The amount of work that undoubtedly went into this would boggle the mind.
  • Elio goes public and raises all (and more) of its target.
  • Add to the list. it goes on...
Same:
  • Production Delays. And guess what? Yes, there will be more.
  • Trolls; but why? At this point no one really has a legitimate complaint. If you did not expect what we currently have it is 100% your fault for having unrealistic expectations, even regarding the production schedule. There will undoubtedly be further setbacks. IMO here is what you should expect;
  1. MSRP price hikes
  2. Lower than expected MPG (either city or highway)
  3. Safety ratings not quite what you wanted
  4. Wrong this, that, or the other.
  • Overzealous supporters. Sorry folks, but this bothers me just as much as the trolls and naysayers. If, just if there is a huge negative development it will be the trolls and naysayers who will bring it to our attention first. Just saying. That doesn't mean we should feed them, but at the same time let's not jump on their back for every little slightly negative post. But yeah, I get it. It is tiring defending some of the stuff they choose to complain about; where does it come from? I guess that's why I don't post often... easier to ignore most of them that way.
And the 'Same' list goes on as well.

When I first joined this site people were generally enthusiastic about elio. The most enthusiastic of us had always tempered our expectations with the realities of what we were getting into. What we got into and what we continue to support has not changed since I first saw the Elio other than it is taking a little longer than I (emphasis on I) would have hoped. But I knew from day one that this was going to take longer than I'd like, so it is just fine.

Pull your expectations back a bit folks, temper your enthusiasm as well. Just sit back, enjoy the ride. Elio has come a long way. There is no way anyone can deny the progress the team has made if they have any knowledge about how long it takes to change just tiny things, especially by some of the suppliers involved. If you think you can, well, you just don't know how things work with these large corporations I'm afraid (and that includes Elio in certain respects). The suppliers and partners are likely the main issue with delays, but that's the poison you have to take when you're in no position to gamble... the big guys call many of the shots and supply the parts and engineering resources on their terms. Elio can't say a thing about it; If they even think elio threw them under the bus, they will walk. That's just one Razor edge elio balances on on a daily basis. But overall the progress is very good. I'm impressed.

Happy New Year all. Lets all look forward to a new Elio in 2016. Or 2017, or 2018... ;)

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I'm hoping to have my Elio by my 30th birthday (March 2017), but I'll be fine with whatever happens. The longer production is delayed, the more time I have to save up and the more cash I'll be able to put down on it when the time comes. :)

Hmmm! My 2011 F150 will be paid in Sept. It was a 5 year 0% loan. Can't beat that.
So after Sept I get to bank the "payment" money toward my Elio.
So the Elio paid for in less than 12 months.
If it's on time I win. If it's late I win
Almost like having my cake and eating it too.

Top Bottom