• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Still Saying Mid 2016 To Start Production?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.jpeg

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
I don't post or follow too closely anymore so apologies in advance for jumping in. But, from a birds eye view, it is interesting that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Change:
  • Elio bespoke engine up and running in the P5 (despite naysayers telling all that no real engine exists).
  • The P5 itself. Honestly a very different vehicle from P4. The amount of work that undoubtedly went into this would boggle the mind.
  • Elio goes public and raises all (and more) of its target.
  • Add to the list. it goes on...
Same:
  • Production Delays. And guess what? Yes, there will be more.
  • Trolls; but why? At this point no one really has a legitimate complaint. If you did not expect what we currently have it is 100% your fault for having unrealistic expectations, even regarding the production schedule. There will undoubtedly be further setbacks. IMO here is what you should expect;
  1. MSRP price hikes
  2. Lower than expected MPG (either city or highway)
  3. Safety ratings not quite what you wanted
  4. Wrong this, that, or the other.
  • Overzealous supporters. Sorry folks, but this bothers me just as much as the trolls and naysayers. If, just if there is a huge negative development it will be the trolls and naysayers who will bring it to our attention first. Just saying. That doesn't mean we should feed them, but at the same time let's not jump on their back for every little slightly negative post. But yeah, I get it. It is tiring defending some of the stuff they choose to complain about; where does it come from? I guess that's why I don't post often... easier to ignore most of them that way.
And the 'Same' list goes on as well.

When I first joined this site people were generally enthusiastic about elio. The most enthusiastic of us had always tempered our expectations with the realities of what we were getting into. What we got into and what we continue to support has not changed since I first saw the Elio other than it is taking a little longer than I (emphasis on I) would have hoped. But I knew from day one that this was going to take longer than I'd like, so it is just fine.

Pull your expectations back a bit folks, temper your enthusiasm as well. Just sit back, enjoy the ride. Elio has come a long way. There is no way anyone can deny the progress the team has made if they have any knowledge about how long it takes to change just tiny things, especially by some of the suppliers involved. If you think you can, well, you just don't know how things work with these large corporations I'm afraid (and that includes Elio in certain respects). The suppliers and partners are likely the main issue with delays, but that's the poison you have to take when you're in no position to gamble... the big guys call many of the shots and supply the parts and engineering resources on their terms. Elio can't say a thing about it; If they even think elio threw them under the bus, they will walk. That's just one Razor edge elio balances on on a daily basis. But overall the progress is very good. I'm impressed.

Happy New Year all. Lets all look forward to a new Elio in 2016. Or 2017, or 2018... ;)

Well said Brain :D

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
We will be very lucky if the car is built in 2017. It will not be built in 2016, period. I hope I'm wrong, but since they haven't even started building the production line yet, don't count on it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
We will be very lucky if the car is built in 2017. It will not be built in 2016, period. I hope I'm wrong, but since they haven't even started building the production line yet, don't count on it.
The production line is already in place; they only needed minor modifications to the existing line that is in the plant; plus there is already a company that will be in charge of the line and doing the initial builds.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The production line is already in place; they only needed minor modifications to the existing line that is in the plant; plus there is already a company that will be in charge of the line and doing the initial builds.

In fact, the entire E-series of test vehicles will be built by Technosports on a proto-assembly line, so they can nail down the process and further streamline the eventual production line implementation.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
I don't post or follow too closely anymore so apologies in advance for jumping in. But, from a birds eye view, it is interesting that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Change:
  • Elio bespoke engine up and running in the P5 (despite naysayers telling all that no real engine exists).
  • The P5 itself. Honestly a very different vehicle from P4. The amount of work that undoubtedly went into this would boggle the mind.
  • Elio goes public and raises all (and more) of its target.
  • Add to the list. it goes on...
Same:
  • Production Delays. And guess what? Yes, there will be more.
  • Trolls; but why? At this point no one really has a legitimate complaint. If you did not expect what we currently have it is 100% your fault for having unrealistic expectations, even regarding the production schedule. There will undoubtedly be further setbacks. IMO here is what you should expect;
  1. MSRP price hikes
  2. Lower than expected MPG (either city or highway)
  3. Safety ratings not quite what you wanted
  4. Wrong this, that, or the other.
  • Overzealous supporters. Sorry folks, but this bothers me just as much as the trolls and naysayers. If, just if there is a huge negative development it will be the trolls and naysayers who will bring it to our attention first. Just saying. That doesn't mean we should feed them, but at the same time let's not jump on their back for every little slightly negative post. But yeah, I get it. It is tiring defending some of the stuff they choose to complain about; where does it come from? I guess that's why I don't post often... easier to ignore most of them that way.
And the 'Same' list goes on as well.

When I first joined this site people were generally enthusiastic about elio. The most enthusiastic of us had always tempered our expectations with the realities of what we were getting into. What we got into and what we continue to support has not changed since I first saw the Elio other than it is taking a little longer than I (emphasis on I) would have hoped. But I knew from day one that this was going to take longer than I'd like, so it is just fine.

Pull your expectations back a bit folks, temper your enthusiasm as well. Just sit back, enjoy the ride. Elio has come a long way. There is no way anyone can deny the progress the team has made if they have any knowledge about how long it takes to change just tiny things, especially by some of the suppliers involved. If you think you can, well, you just don't know how things work with these large corporations I'm afraid (and that includes Elio in certain respects). The suppliers and partners are likely the main issue with delays, but that's the poison you have to take when you're in no position to gamble... the big guys call many of the shots and supply the parts and engineering resources on their terms. Elio can't say a thing about it; If they even think elio threw them under the bus, they will walk. That's just one Razor edge elio balances on on a daily basis. But overall the progress is very good. I'm impressed.

Happy New Year all. Lets all look forward to a new Elio in 2016. Or 2017, or 2018... ;)

Well said! Well, I think it's bound to happen, maybe later than sooner because of the complexity of starting a new car company, but fingers crossed, it'll happen! :cool:

pooter

Reaction score
I haven't visited the site in a while. Is Elio still staying with mid 2016, or has it been pushed back again?
How nice it would be to see some up dated pictures of the Shrevesport plant . Just what they are doing and if their just sweeping the floors that is ok too .Just something would be cool~~ old fart from Cincinnati #10926

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
speaking of the plant two items comes to mind-

Do we know the supposed millions that the surplus equipment was to generate via Ebay?- still makes me smile using Ebay,
I have trouble imagining some executive checking postings for equipment for his company

Isn't there a MAJOR penalty looming if by...., there are not 1500 employees?

Top Bottom