• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Still Saying Mid 2016 To Start Production?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like you wouldn't be happy short of a perfectly finished production vehicle for the P5. It was never intended to be that. What it is meant to do is to prove that the design changes from the P4 (IAV engine fit-up, transmission,suspension, aero, rear seat comfort) are effective. Mileage ratings can be estimated from the P5, but they won't be final until the production design is frozen.

On the Reg A+ offering, do you have some information the rest of us are not aware of? As far as I know, the only indication of success so far is that EM claimed to have enough purchased shares to start the E-series builds (aka cleared the $12.6MM escrow mark) shortly after the 7-day window ended. That doesn't sound "weak" to me.

Not that your opinion isn't valid, I just don't get how you can have such a pessimistic view of the recent events. Everything has gone about as well as I could have expected.
I read nothing pessimistic in cantwaits opinion statements and certainly didn't see any name calling or negative reference to any EM staff.

I was happy to see the P5 at the LA auto show. It was able to be driven under it's own power to the display area. The P5 was very photo worthy, but not road worthy. Many little things were just not right that I feel should have been designed and engineered to actually fit from CAD production/engineering drawings prior to the actual build. I hope they aren't designing as they build. It's been 8-9 years in the making and frankly there should have been a design and engineering freeze long ago with any major/minor tweaks made in E series builds as indicated by testing. I recall a design freeze was mentioned at one of the supplier summits some time ago. Obviously that wasn't the case.

The good news is that recent events shows some progress. The SEC filing document is the most accurate information that EM has provided to date. I can say without question, based on EM's own time line scedule, that a Q4 2016 production Elio is impossible. Manufacturing the engines alone has a monumental timeline requirement in the production schedule. It's not a pessimistic viewpoint, unless you feel EM is being pessimistic in their SEC document production scheduling timeline. I'm in the it will happen when it happens camp and looking forward to driving my Elio. I can't wait! Realistically production is a ways out (2017) even if everything goes according to schedule and that's EM's opinion not mine. They should know. Happy Holidays everybody!

DaveM

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm loosing faith I'm afraid.......I'll have waited over three years IF production starts in 4Q 2016.
I decided to ask for my refundable deposit back....after 2 Emails to EM.....I still have received NO answer.
It's starting to feel like Brickland all over again.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm loosing faith I'm afraid.......I'll have waited over three years IF production starts in 4Q 2016.
I decided to ask for my refundable deposit back....after 2 Emails to EM.....I still have received NO answer.

Sounds like you're kind of full of it.
This is your date/time stamped first entry.
Three years? Really?

My name is Dave....just joined the group and purchased an Elio reservation list spot. Would love to talk with others in Colorado.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:lie:
jeans.png
fire.png

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read nothing pessimistic in cantwaits opinion statements and certainly didn't see any name calling or negative reference to any EM staff.

I was happy to see the P5 at the LA auto show. It was able to be driven under it's own power to the display area. The P5 was very photo worthy, but not road worthy. Many little things were just not right that I feel should have been designed and engineered to actually fit from CAD production/engineering drawings prior to the actual build. I hope they aren't designing as they build. It's been 8-9 years in the making and frankly there should have been a design and engineering freeze long ago with any major/minor tweaks made in E series builds as indicated by testing. I recall a design freeze was mentioned at one of the supplier summits some time ago. Obviously that wasn't the case.

The good news is that recent events shows some progress. The SEC filing document is the most accurate information that EM has provided to date. I can say without question, based on EM's own time line scedule, that a Q4 2016 production Elio is impossible. Manufacturing the engines alone has a monumental timeline requirement in the production schedule. It's not a pessimistic viewpoint, unless you feel EM is being pessimistic in their SEC document production scheduling timeline. I'm in the it will happen when it happens camp and looking forward to driving my Elio. I can't wait! Realistically production is a ways out (2017) even if everything goes according to schedule and that's EM's opinion not mine. They should know. Happy Holidays everybody!
I tend to agree, and think if EM is successful with their persuit of the ATVM loan, the sweet narcosis of "this is going to happen" that money can bring, will settle in over reservation holders like a spring mornings mist over a hay field or pond and we'll all be good with waiting, I think we'll know about the loan sometime this winter, or that mist will chill into the the slow and steady march towards winter. ;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I tend to agree, and think if EM is successful with their persuit of the ATVM loan, the sweet narcosis of "this is going to happen" that money can bring, will settle in over reservation holders like a spring mornings mist over a hay field or pond and we'll all be good with waiting, I think we'll know about the loan sometime this winter, or that mist will chill into the the slow and steady march towards winter. ;)

So you're saying the ATVM loan is like the lighthouse in the unpredictable seas of the Gov't, and dense fog of uncertainty. And if Paul, the lighthouse keeper, can't light the beacon of production in time, our hopes will be dash on the rocks of despair and mistrust. Elio Owners will become the jetsam and flotsam of a dream wreck that was carrying hope and promise of a greener and more economical future.:(

...or were you talking about something else. I'm easily distracted. :rolleyes:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
you're not alone, my only suggestion to consider, since in fact your investment is refundable, and you can afford it, let it sit and see what develops, if the project tanks, your money was set-up to be protected. if it goes you might have an opportunity to buy the E or sell it. BTW, there are folks who've been waiting much longer than us. wish you the best.

Top Bottom