• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It's one thing to add an $800* automatic transmission to a $20,000 or a $15,000 vehicle (or even $12,000 to a Chevy "Speck"), but to add that amount (almost 1/8 or over 11.75%) to a $6,800 vehicle is another.

Right now, however, that is the ONLY option I MUST have...too much stop and go on my I-10 commute for a stick.

Anyone going to do me one better and go completely BASE model?ee

*per phone call to Elio, that's the maximum they hope to charge for the automatic transmission option
I'm waiting to see all the options available and their cost...after all the idea is to see the savings...NOT how much money I can spend...although on my own I would love to have mine pinstripped w/ blue L.E.D. lighting under the carriage at my additional expense.

BearLakeSteve

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
$800 for the automatic seems extreme for a vehicle of this price point. I may just keep it with the standard transmission. I would like a sunroof and bluetooth but it depends on cost.
I've burned through too many clutches on underpowered small cars (Subaru GL, Geo Metro, Dodge D10). Cheaper for me to pay the extra money for an automatic transmission.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. standard shifting "H" pattern is old technology and best left on vehicles in museums, whereas sequential shifting (paddle-shifting) is what all F1 vehicles use (for a reason), but honestly with 50 HP it really will not matter, so why waste your time PRETENDING you are in a high-performance vehicle, and use it for what it is intended, a COMMUTER VEHICLE !

2. RED is the "fastest" color…( leave it on the fastest vehicles !)

3. a/c as it is required to defrost the windows, why not keep the body cool (so you can speed shift through those H patterns with that light speed 50 HP ?

:)

Top Bottom