• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. standard shifting "H" pattern is old technology and best left on vehicles in museums, whereas sequential shifting (paddle-shifting) is what all F1 vehicles use (for a reason), but honestly with 50 HP it really will not matter, so why waste your time PRETENDING you are in a high-performance vehicle, and use it for what it is intended, a COMMUTER VEHICLE !

2. RED is the "fastest" color…( leave it on the fastest vehicles !)

3. a/c as it is required to defrost the windows, why not keep the body cool (so you can speed shift through those H patterns with that light speed 50 HP ?

:)
57hp of fun sounds like a baby Grand Prix car

daniel Bazley

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I never cared much for F1, Nascar is more fun. Paddle shifting is more like one of the early cars I had, a 56 Dodge with push button transmission.
push button transmission 1956.jpg

I prefer and like the look and feel of my homemade classic shifter in my Mallett Sky.
New shifter.jpg

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice I love the wing !! ^^

Interesting thought on the shifter but I think it should be more car like that motor cycle like. I could live with paddle shifters for sure but I think it would be cheaper to just do the normal H pattern. I really REALLY hope they do a 6 speed though!

Last edited:

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
img_4638-png.4289.png

EZ do you have anymore photos of this vehicle or can you point me to a site that shows what it is? It looks really cool!!

grinnallcars.com

kit from UK

costs about $20,000. to build

I have 8 of these, want one ??

no top
no a/c
no radio
nothing

it is a pure driving vehicle, INSANELY FAST !

BMW K1200RS engine (new ones have 180 HP BMW engine)

dependable as a rock, engines good for 200,000 miles

rear wheel drive
IMG_2921.jpg

TWIN TIRE SYSTEM

Top Bottom