• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Skzy is somewhere around $2,000 for the entire system however they have said there will be various packages available at various price levels depending on what exactly you wish the system to do. They have also told us the various modules will be available later on if you wish to start at a lower price and add features over time.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Catia,
I believe the Skyz system costs $1500-$2000 additional.
I am sure if my memory fails me I'll be promptly corrected :rolleyes:
:)I have to decide if it worth having one install to my Elio. Right now in my mind I can only think what it can do and never see one operate before. Wish we could see one already install in Elio see what it really does. o_O Some things I would like to have on Elio but I guess we have to wait when we order on online when the time come to order our own Elio. :)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:)I have to decide if it worth having one install to my Elio. Right now in my mind I can only think what it can do and never see one operate before. Wish we could see one already install in Elio see what it really does. o_O Some things I would like to have on Elio but I guess we have to wait when we order on online when the time come to order our own Elio. :)
Catia, great idea. I think it would be beneficial to both Elio and Skyz to install one on the P4 or to at least have a working model at all the Elio shows. It would certainly help us decide if it is the system we want or need. Many of us have benefited from the comments of those who have taken the time and the opportunity to see the Elio in person and ask questions of the Elio staff.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Catia, great idea. I think it would be beneficial to both Elio and Skyz to install one on the P4 or to at least have a working model at all the Elio shows. It would certainly help us decide if it is the system we want or need. Many of us have benefited from the comments of those who have taken the time and the opportunity to see the Elio in person and ask questions of the Elio staff.
I do agree with you, and would be nice to see it in real time. :rolleyes:

HeR3tic

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thats funny, "Right now, however, that is the ONLY option I MUST have...too much stop and go on my I-10 commute for a stick." It has been many years since I ran I-10 but I dont recall a single stop light on I-10; I admit Im ignorant of the Texas span to-date but if I recall correctly they (Texans) drive like maniacs.

While I may opt for one unit with an auto, for the wifey, a manuel unit will reside in mine. Personally, I can set aside the brew straw for a few moments while operating a manual shift. The electronics offerings for internet connectivity may also reside only in the wife's unit but for me, licorice and subtle will suffice. I will investigate/experiment with a HHO supplement, quite possibly increasing MPG to 100+mpg easily; provided all engine compartment space isnt cramped to the hilt.

HHO is the next level of Green transportation. Toyota will come out with a new entirely Hydrogen vehicle this year or next. Nissan is building a 80# three cylinder putting out 500+ HP.
The petro-dollar will suffer tremendously. Get ready for the next down-turn. Ill pay fully in silver when it comes to buying my Elios.

HHO generators need only to produce .25 to .50 liter per minute per engine liter size to manage a mere 30% improved mpg. Increase that to 1.1 lpm for a 9 plate triple flow dry dual cell from only one supplier I know of, HHO4U, and youre looking at at least 60% improved mpg. An 84 mpg Elio achieving an additional 60% equals ... 135 mpg. That would be phenomenal. I just hope Elio makes room for it in the engine compartment and a grommet passage through the firewall. A triple flow cell eliminates cavitation/pulsing, imo.

I can image the Elio requiring dino fuel only at start up or until the water warms, in the cold climes. Early higher amperage, say about 20A, will readily warm a frozen HHO reservoir in short order. That reservoir with a 10% KOH solution, freeze protected to ~ 10F is further protected to -40 with a spice of white-lightning alcohol. Trimming that back to about 13.56 amps tot @ 1.69V per water cell* will output that 1.1LPM for at least the 60% improved MPG, I believe. *Farraday calculation based calculator. See also HHO2U for much much more on HHO.

That distilled 2 quart water addition should be no more than once a week at 60% production. At $0.88 per gallon from Wally-World should last two weeks. Ive found Wally carries the purest readily available distilled water. I do colloidal silver generating as well and a 0.00 TDS measure has been consistent.

Last edited:

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Folks gravitate to the Elio for different reasons . Some are casual environmentalists , some like to drive something unique and others are attracted to the package of value . I for one couldn't give a rodent's rectum if my Elio gets 84 or 60 mpg . That's not the attraction for me . I am attracted to an American made, sub $8000 , full featured oddity that I can modify at my leisure . It's definitely an "and" vehicle for me . Fun to drive , fun to discuss and fun to customize to my liking . If the Elio was electric , I would not be interested at all .

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Skzy is somewhere around $2,000 for the entire system however they have said there will be various packages available at various price levels depending on what exactly you wish the system to do. They have also told us the various modules will be available later on if you wish to start at a lower price and add features over time.

This was on the Facebook web page. I am guessing this is how the Infinite Skyz will look?? This is from the Las Vegas show.
[Broken External Image]

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In other pictures it can be seen that there is a cooling/heating vent behind the tablet and a control lever of some sort. I guess the vent could be closed. The tablet seems close to the steering wheel and I could see my hand hitting the mount/tablet multiple times while driving. I feel a smaller version like a mini ipad would be better and less of a distraction to the driver. Do ipads have an auto dim function?

Top Bottom