• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's been said, there may be a power steering option - it's not finalized.
I'll go for that, for arthritic reasons.

I feel your pain, thou to a lesser degree perhaps, that being said; the weight of the Elio will make the turning easier than most cars. Even the small cars have at least 600 lbs. riding on each wheel, quite a bit more than the Elio weight per tire.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My barbecue sauce usually winds up on me and never gets to the seat, but I do fit in the Elio just fine thank you. Cruise would be nice, depens on price. My Sprout went to Rome with me and sat in the back. She sai pop out windows or she drives :) So, looks like I may have a base with pop out windows and maybe cruise.. Black and a manual,, mostly base!

Sounds more like you are going to have two Elios.

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only option for me will be cruise control. Haven't decided on color yet. I've always been a "don't-care-about-color" on my cars. On the Elio, get to choose!

In the past I never wanted to give the car lot salesman any negotiation advantage. "Oh Jeff, I know this car is $7000 more than you wanted to spend, but it's that nice deep maroon color you wanted!" lol
ALWAYS find the car you really love and "really hate" the color to the salesman. "I like the car, but PURPLE?" (My sole proprietorship official company color was purple when I bought my purple Saturn, then my purple PT convertible and then my purple HHR...yeah, weird cars, one and all.)

OOPS...sorry, fellow Packer fans!

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking a standard trans, leather,and cc. I like going through the gears, It'll feel more sporty too. If I happen to install a turbo I'd want the manual anyway. I'll probably get the sour apple too,I want to be seen, but with a year wait there's really no tellin what I'll end up ordering.

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Elio has the same fanaticism if not more than the Fiat 500. So I can't wait to see this kind of a video for the Elio
Someone please talk me out of a sunroof. I've always opted out but I'm thinking I'm going to have get on for this type car.
See what I mean attached.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDYQtwIwAA&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky_cOb0T9Bw&ei=SwpTVNXEMcOmyASexYKwCA&usg=AFQjCNE8mIS3XGpwdFQ--hgCaIP_qREYoQ&bvm=bv.78677474,d.aWw
That's pretty cool. And I could see how the Elio could do something like that because of how the upper frame is made. An option of a partial rag-top would be easy and relatively inexpensive. It would give you all the benefits of a convertible without compromising the inherent safety of the upper roll cage. If Elio offers that it would be the only option I'd go for. Otherwise I suppose I'd have to settle for a sunroof.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ALWAYS find the car you really love and "really hate" the color to the salesman. "I like the car, but PURPLE?" (My sole proprietorship official company color was purple when I bought my purple Saturn, then my purple PT convertible and then my purple HHR...yeah, weird cars, one and all.)

OOPS...sorry, fellow Packer fans!

I grew up in Polk County, Wisconsin, just across the St. Croix river from the Twin Cities. Our TV was Twin Cities TV, so we only got to watch the Packers play if they were playing the Vikequeens (this was back in the day when 'cable' was something you used to tow you station wagon out of the ditch with). Kids at school were either Vikequeen fans (many) or Packers fans (few) and there were always dust-ups in the fall, ahem. So being a Packer fan all fitted out in your Packer swag and driving around in a purple car would just lead the more culturally intuitive among us to guess you married a Vikequeen fan as a wife and you were driving her car.

Where's the Elio link? Um. I could never have imagined the Elio when some dumb third grader Vikequeen fan was beating the snot out of me for calling Fran Tarkington a loser for not being able to win a Super Bowl.

I'd like to think I've matured as I've aged, but Fran Tarkington is still a loser and the Vikequeens will never, ever win a Superbowl. So there.

Top Bottom