• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thats why I have never been interested in a bike intercom, but is disconcerting when they start punching the ribs :) Probably will be the back of my head in Elio,,, may need a helmet afterall.
My wife wanted to get an intercom so we could talk to each other on the road and I made the mistake of saying, Why, "If I wanted to talk we would take a cage and have a conversation. I like the solitude of riding." Boy the rest of the ride home in the car was a little quiet and cold even with the heater on.....

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has there been any option for enhanced muffler or electric motor. Most motorcycle motors are pretty loud I know this motor is purpose built but will it be loud?
On the Flip side I would like an engine option for long trip takers I would love to go to Fla on a tank
Schtick, the basic engine will be a small car engine, not a motorcycle design. So, not to worry. Any type engine with straight pipes is very loud.An electric motor remains a future possibility.

Regarding your second point, the engine and transmission are being specifically calibrated to hit the "sweet spot" for maximum efficiency i.e., mileage. Elio Motors is quite serious about its goal of 84 mpg. I think you'll be quite happy with the existing powertrain for long distance drives. I know that's one of the reasons I reserved one.

Welcome from Atlanta! Pour over the many threads, and use the search function. You'll learn a lot.

Last edited:

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cone of Silence that's (I have to do it) smart!
When my wife and I had our scoots (125cc hers, mine 150cc) we got a comm link set. It was nice to be able to communicate and keep an eye out for each other. We each were good riders but an extra set of eyes for the other never hurt. It was a hoot to be able to chat as we motored down the road and be able to make impromptu stops along the way. Riding tandem in the Elio might be a bit of a challenge, sort of like communicating like this. Something can be said but without the visual cues the whole conversation might go wildly awry. Could be interesting...

archer5013

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
"Is Anyone Going Base Model?"

Not #6922;
auto, cruise, tint, hinged rear windows.

The Music Opt. and the instrument panel are MINE.

Last edited:

archer5013

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
With no power steering it would be easier to drive with an automatic, plus I just sold a manual shift because of my Fibromyalgia. So guess I'll have to come up with the cost for the Automatic but, hey I already paid the $1000.00 off a long time ago. We'll see? I'll be checking the Elio out in person Oct 24th in Birmingham Al area. I'll decide then. Can't wait to finally see my car in person:):D:)

It's been said, there may be a power steering option - it's not finalized.
I'll go for that, for arthritic reasons.

Top Bottom