• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Anyone Going Base Model?

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. You're more help than dustoff. LOL But he did instruct me to search more. LOL
Are there any brave souls out there who support the sun roof. Is there such a thing as a well designed sun roof? They look so fun on a good day.
I wouldn't mind a sunroof but it'll all depend on the price of this option. But will definitely getting the leather seats- I just love to eat on the go (I know, it's not safe but...) so I will hate the occasional spills of barbeque sauce on my pulled pork sandwich on a brand new cloth seats! Lol It's just so much easier to clean leather. 'Been driving manual shift for years so that's what I'm getting- It keeps me awake on long drives and I can maximize the delivery of power on a little 3 cylinder motor by controlling how fast I shift as oppose to waiting for the auto trans to shift for me! No cruise control for me too- I want to be relax but not too relax! I'll go for the custom wheels and fender too for a more sporty look...the stock wheel covers looks like you're driving a EV! Ok, I think I'm getting a little too carried away here!:D

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a sunroof but it'll all depend on the price of this option. But will definitely getting the leather seats- I just love to eat on the go (I know, it's not safe but...) so I will hate the occasional spills of barbeque sauce on my pulled pork sandwich on a brand new cloth seats! Lol It's just so much easier to clean leather. 'Been driving manual shift for years so that's what I'm getting- It keeps me awake on long drives and I can maximize the delivery of power on a little 3 cylinder motor by controlling how fast I shift as oppose to waiting for the auto trans to shift for me! No cruise control for me too- I want to be relax but not too relax! I'll go for the custom wheels and fender too for a more sporty look...the stock wheel covers looks like you're driving a EV! Ok, I think I'm getting a little too carried away here!:D
Cruise may just help you with your barbecue sauce problem... just sayin'!

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My barbecue sauce usually winds up on me and never gets to the seat, but I do fit in the Elio just fine thank you. Cruise would be nice, depens on price. My Sprout went to Rome with me and sat in the back. She sai pop out windows or she drives :) So, looks like I may have a base with pop out windows and maybe cruise.. Black and a manual,, mostly base!

Marv Cohen

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Presently Deefield Beach moving to Jensen Beach
It's one thing to add an $800* automatic transmission to a $20,000 or a $15,000 vehicle (or even $12,000 to a Chevy "Speck"), but to add that amount (almost 1/8 or over 11.75%) to a $6,800 vehicle is another.

Right now, however, that is the ONLY option I MUST have...too much stop and go on my I-10 commute for a stick.

Anyone going to do me one better and go completely BASE model?

*per phone call to Elio, that's the maximum they hope to charge for the automatic transmission option
I hope for an automatic . The I-95 in Florida is bumper to bumper even when it's not commuting time

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has there been any option for enhanced muffler or electric motor. Most motorcycle motors are pretty loud I know this motor is purpose built but will it be loud?
On the Flip side I would like an engine option for long trip takers I would love to go to Fla on a tank

Welcome schtick, sorry no electric motor. If you go to forums and enter exhaust systems you will find a ton of info.

Have fun there is a ton of information here>

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has there been any option for enhanced muffler or electric motor. Most motorcycle motors are pretty loud I know this motor is purpose built but will it be loud?
On the Flip side I would like an engine option for long trip takers I would love to go to Fla on a tank
Schtick, welcome to the forum, repository of all information about the Elio. You might want to look at those threads that most appeal to you. If you have any questions just ask.

Last edited:
Top Bottom