• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Invitation Only Event La Area

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those optimistic projections for 250k per year always unsettled me. I hope there is a viable plan 'B' where 50k cars per year will make the company viable until export markets open up and Elio just never mentions it because it wouldn't be good for marketing. I just don't see that demand in USA for 250k per year.

Marketing information is very-very secretive. If PE, and especially Jerome is as savvy about this activity as we hope, they have research they won't directly expose, except in the form of this latest admission. He's now stuck to the 250k story for a few PR admissions to date.

So I have to assume he has good reason to be confident in it, backed by research data. This kind of analysis is the technical expertise Jerome brought to the table from day1.

250k/year makes me a bit nervous, (even 250/day) but it's not unwarranted compared to VW bug and other popular sales rates back in their day.

They can always play it by ear, adjust the rates or open up Canadian/or/Foreign sales as EM deems best to do so.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is one place I would hate to work inventory control; the logistics would be maddening.
Especially in the beginning until you get the providers schedules in sync with yours.
Thank goodness the car is smaller and more simple.
There is some obscure rule that says twice as complex is 4 times the work. Hopefully, half as complex is 1/4 the effort to accomplish!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank goodness the car is smaller and more simple.
There is some obscure rule that says twice as complex is 4 times the work. Hopefully, half as complex is 1/4 the effort to accomplish!
Also remember the size rule; the smaller something is, the more work it takes.
If you have ever remodeled a bathroom compared to remodeling a bedroom you'll know what I mean.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Marketing information is very-very secretive. If PE, and especially Jerome is as savvy about this activity as we hope, they have research they won't directly expose, except in the form of this latest admission. He's now stuck to the 250k story for a few PR admissions to date.

So I have to assume he has good reason to be confident in it, backed by research data. This kind of analysis is the technical expertise Jerome brought to the table from day1.

250k/day makes me a bit nervous, but it's not unwarranted compared to VW bug and other popular sales rates back in their day.

They can always play it by ear, adjust the rates or open up Canadian/or/Foreign sales as EM deems best to do so.

Correction: 250K / year.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Also remember the size rule; the smaller something is, the more work it takes.
If you have ever remodeled a bathroom compared to remodeling a bedroom you'll know what I mean.
lol, well, that's not due to the size, but the number of items included :)

Seriously, size vs effort is in relation to what is doing the effort. A lot smaller than a human is more work for humans, but also a lot bigger than a human is more work. Size matters, but it ain't as simple as your joke implied. (still, it's a good point to keep in mind)

Many more parts of the Elio can be lifted by one person compared to the Hummer, or about any modern sedan. So let's hope that translates into less work :)

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a quick aside, before working at GM, I worked at Johnson Controls where we assembled the seats for the S-10/hombre. We once shut down the GM assembly line for over an hour accidentally from a simple flat tire on a truck delivering our seats across town to the GM plant. Imagine all the things that can go wrong if the supplier is across the country!

I have to say TY, I miss my '97 S10. was my dream color of Dark Green. It had great seats. but a growing family doesn't fit in a regular cab pickup truck.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to say TY, I miss my '97 S10. was my dream color of Dark Green. It had great seats. but a growing family doesn't fit in a regular cab pickup truck.
'97 is about a year before I was involved with GM... the seats, however... Hmm... I MAY have been at Johnson Controls (seat supplier) by then but I can't remember exactly when that took place... Memory... Time...

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just re-read the LA Tour blog, This caught my eye. "We gave exclusive drive time to these young entrepreneurs"
Is this the first time "people" were allowed to drive the P4? I know a few "reporters" have, but it seams they are taking a few more risk, now that the P5 is under construction. Does that say any thing about when the P5 might be ready?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a quick aside, before working at GM, I worked at Johnson Controls where we assembled the seats for the S-10/hombre. We once shut down the GM assembly line for over an hour accidentally from a simple flat tire on a truck delivering our seats across town to the GM plant. Imagine all the things that can go wrong if the supplier is across the country!
Ty

This is something I have always wondered about. It looks like it would be difficult to have all parts arrive just in time. It looks like what happened to you and GM would happen frequently.

Was there a penalty your company had to pay for being late?. I have heard there is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom