• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Saw It, Sat In It, I Want It.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Seat will be no problem to fix to fit driver.
I saw on one video that the seat could be raised up and down, is this true?
The door panels can be changed and up dated. Need to get a trim shop to do that. In my case I can do mine.
It is true, I make it raise and lower myself and it had several McBee of travel.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
With all the favorable comments from people that have done a prototype see and sit test........I have never heard a looks & feels like shit comment. Matter of fact people are even more excited after seeing and sitting in it, so the prototype meets or beats expectations The production Elio will boast design and spec improvements providing for a more fit, finish, and comfort feel. The production Elio will only get better IMO.
Probably came from the inside of the door becoming detached during the show

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now I have gone as far as I can go until I get mine. It looks just like you all have seen in photos and videos. But it was nice to see it in person. The seat seemed to be very low, even lower than my BMW coupe add it's low to me. Only thing I did not like was the interior door panel seemed to be cheap and not very strong. I know this is a prototype but hope they improve it.
There was a long line to sit in it so there was many persons interested in it.
I reached down on the left side and there is a leaver which when you pull up on it several times raises the seat, push down on it and it lowers the seat.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The impact of several brightly colored Elio x3s cruising together from city to town to state fairs would really raise awareness. It amazes me how few people have even heard of an Elio.
Paul, you have my permission to use the name x3 for the 2016 Elio, destined to be the Car of the Year.

BMW might have something to say as they make an X3

As far as The Elio when i saw it the body seemed to be the best overall fit and finish. everything else looked as it should ie prototype

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How long will it take for the door on your Elio to be opened and closed 100,000 times?
How long will it take for the trunk on your Elio to be opened and closed 100,000 times?
How long will it take for the seat on your Elio to be raised and lowered 100,000 times?
How long will it take for 100,000 people to have climbed in and out of your Elio?

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could also ask it this way....
What kind of shape will your Elio be in after the door has been opened and closed 100,000 times?
What kind of shape will your Elio be in after the trunk on your Elio to be opened and closed 100,000 times?
What kind of shape will your Elio be in after the seat on your Elio to be raised and lowered 100,000 times?
What kind of shape will your Elio be in after 100,000 people to have climbed in and out of your Elio?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could also ask it this way....
What kind of shape will your Elio be in after the door has been opened and closed 100,000 times?
What kind of shape will your Elio be in after the trunk on your Elio to be opened and closed 100,000 times?
What kind of shape will your Elio be in after the seat on your Elio to be raised and lowered 100,000 times?
What kind of shape will your Elio be in after 100,000 people to have climbed in and out of your Elio?
Personally, I hope none of that happens to my Elio. LOL I can't even imagine what it is like for the staff to keep the P4 clean let alone functioning in an appropriate way. I always chuckle when someone requests to look at the engine. Why? The more appropriate engine to look at is the one on display. But then I'm not an engine person. As long as my works and I have access to someone who can help me care for it, I'm happy. :) Z

BTW for those of you asking for measurements for the trunk space, there is an excellent picture with measurements on EM Instagram. I highly recommend you take a look at. I will try to copy the link and paste it here but tend not to be very successful at that. :(

http://instagram.com/p/uBsCqwRK7C/?modal=true

Top Bottom