• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Saw It, Sat In It, I Want It.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I hope none of that happens to my Elio. LOL I can't even imagine what it is like for the staff to keep the P4 clean let alone functioning in an appropriate way. I always chuckle when someone requests to look at the engine. Why? The more appropriate engine to look at is the one on display. But then I'm not an engine person. As long as my works and I have access to someone who can help me care for it, I'm happy. :) Z

BTW for those of you asking for measurements for the trunk space, there is an excellent picture with measurements on EM Instagram. I highly recommend you take a look at. I will try to copy the link and paste it here but tend not to be very successful at that. :(

http://instagram.com/p/uBsCqwRK7C/?modal=true
I well remember the day when you wouldn't think of buying a car without checking under the hood, any more than you would buy a car without test driving it. In those days you had to change points, plugs and condensers on a regular basis, so you wanted to make sure they were easily within reach. Chevy V8's were clear back by the firewall, while their 6 cylinders and Ford V8's were up front and easily serviced. Now the cars don't even have distributors let alone points. I don't even know what half the stuff under a modern hood is.
The first electronic ignition I ever saw was when my wife bought a 1976 Chevy Monza with the 4 cylinder 'Iron Duke', I opened the hood, saw that big 'ol HEI distributor, took the cap off and thought 'I hope nothing goes bad under there 'cause I don't have a clue how this works.) We drove that car over 225,000 miles and that was the only time the distributor cap ever was lifted

When VW's first came to this country they gave a gold watch to anyone drove who one 1000,000 miles. They had to stop because they were giving out too many gold watches. In Europe they don't have the long stretches of highways we do.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I well remember the day when you wouldn't think of buying a car without checking under the hood, any more than you would buy a car without test driving it. In those days you had to change points, plugs and condensers on a regular basis, so you wanted to make sure they were easily within reach. Chevy V8's were clear back by the firewall, while their 6 cylinders and Ford V8's were up front and easily serviced. Now the cars don't even have distributors let alone points. I don't even know what half the stuff under a modern hood is.
The first electronic ignition I ever saw was when my wife bought a 1976 Chevy Monza with the 4 cylinder 'Iron Duke', I opened the hood, saw that big 'ol HEI distributor, took the cap off and thought 'I hope nothing goes bad under there 'cause I don't have a clue how this works.) We drove that car over 225,000 miles and that was the only time the distributor cap ever was lifted

When VW's first came to this country they gave a gold watch to anyone drove who one 1000,000 miles. They had to stop because they were giving out too many gold watches. In Europe they don't have the long stretches of highways we do.
I'm old school and still won't buy a car without knowing what's under the hood and driving it to be sure it fits.

Last edited:

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I heard someone say that the dash was "Geo Metro" and I suppose the door panel were too, I dunno. When I was at the Rome Air Show in Georgia, I thought the door shut with a bit of a shudder... I suppose the fact that it is custom and that it has been open and shut so many times would be a good reason for that. I am really looking forward to seeing the P5 when they get it made, as I am certain it will have the Elgin dash and body modifications, and... the motor!

I for one think the interior was a little rough. Block-y, retro and rough.

The EM crew made a point of telling everyone that the entire interior will be upgraded considerably and that retro GM dash look would definitely be "out a there". For all of you GM folks, I apologize, but I have to giggle, just a little, every time I see 2 year old pealing dash knobs. :p

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I hope none of that happens to my Elio. LOL I can't even imagine what it is like for the staff to keep the P4 clean let alone functioning in an appropriate way. I always chuckle when someone requests to look at the engine. Why? The more appropriate engine to look at is the one on display. But then I'm not an engine person. As long as my works and I have access to someone who can help me care for it, I'm happy. :) Z

BTW for those of you asking for measurements for the trunk space, there is an excellent picture with measurements on EM Instagram. I highly recommend you take a look at. I will try to copy the link and paste it here but tend not to be very successful at that. :(

http://instagram.com/p/uBsCqwRK7C/?modal=true
image.jpg

Top Bottom