• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Saw It, Sat In It, I Want It.

Durk Jenkins

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Now I have gone as far as I can go until I get mine. It looks just like you all have seen in photos and videos. But it was nice to see it in person. The seat seemed to be very low, even lower than my BMW coupe add it's low to me. Only thing I did not like was the interior door panel seemed to be cheap and not very strong. I know this is a prototype but hope they improve it.
There was a long line to sit in it so there was many persons interested in it.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seat will be no problem to fix to fit driver.
I saw on one video that the seat could be raised up and down, is this true?
The door panels can be changed and up dated. Need to get a trim shop to do that. In my case I can do mine.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now I have gone as far as I can go until I get mine. It looks just like you all have seen in photos and videos. But it was nice to see it in person. The seat seemed to be very low, even lower than my BMW coupe add it's low to me. Only thing I did not like was the interior door panel seemed to be cheap and not very strong. I know this is a prototype but hope they improve it.

"PROTOTYPE" ........The word prototype derives from the Greek πρωτότυπον prototypon, "primitive form", neutral of πρωτότυπος prototypos, "original, primitive", from πρῶτος protos, "first" and τύπος typos, "impression".[3]

I sat in it too and I also distinctly heard that there would be many noticeable upgrades! :)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You are correct about making the point about it being a prototype.

It could be the best car in the world, but not if the concept does not catch on. Selling the car before the concept, is like putting the cart before the horse.
Yes the car may look and feel like sh-t now, but this is not the car you will be buying. They are marketing a concept not selling a car. The car doesn't exist yet.JMO

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/concept-vs-production-car.475/

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seat will be no problem to fix to fit driver.
I saw on one video that the seat could be raised up and down, is this true?
The door panels can be changed and up dated. Need to get a trim shop to do that. In my case I can do mine.

One of the definite changes will be a very adjustable seat including height, as well as full bucket style both front & rear.
Per Neil, in the booth, on Saturday. Each of the EM folks I talked to stressed the fact that this is a Prototype and not the final.:D

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are correct about making the point about it being a prototype.

It could be the best car in the world, but not if the concept does not catch on. Selling the car before the concept, is like putting the cart before the horse.
Yes the car may look and feel like sh-t now, but this is not the car you will be buying. They are marketing a concept not selling a car. The car doesn't exist yet.JMO

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/concept-vs-production-car.475/

I somewhat agree, but will say, even if I buy into the concept, if I go to Richmond in December to see / sit in the prototype and it ' look and feel like sh-t', that may turn me off enough to regret my all-in. Ok. It won't do that to ME, but maybe others who aren't so emotionally invested. They better have a fairly decent car if they want to sell the concept, otherwise it will be worse than if they had no car at all.

Top Bottom