• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pickup, Retail Store Pickup, Or Delivery

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I read somewhere last night that they expect to call 'a few weeks' before our cars will be built to lock in our options. Doesn't leave much time to plan or to get cheap air fare. I may go down with my youngest son and make an adventure out of it. I'm afraid if I take my wife, and the 17 hour trip home is uncomfortable from the back seat, it'll be a loooooonnnng 17 hours, for the both of us. My son can just glue himself to his electronics and headphones and be quite content.
........or maybe your afraid she would selfishly want to drive most of the time........leaving you in the back seat.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I wonder if Elio would consider truckloads of pre-purchased Elios delivered to a central location for customers. I'm here in Florida and I know there are several of us in every state that have ordered this car. It would be cheaper for all of us if Elio would partner with different companies that can house cars for up to seven days (giving us a time to go and pick them up) and just deliver truckloads to the sites. This would allow more of us to take a 1-6 hour drive to pick up our car? Maybe even send them to Pep Boys stores. Each owner would agree to pick up their car within 48 hrs or something like that.

Hoping goofyone chimes in on this, but I believe it's been mentioned for a few of your points of question... Elio most likely will want (or propose) to have nearly all the reservation holders pick up their vehicle in Shreveport close to the plant. There's been mention that Elio will know in advance who the owner of each vehicle is, so there's not a need to distribute vehicles to areas, to satisfy future unknown buyers. I know that sort of sounds strange... if Elio already knows the owners, why not ship the vehicles to a warehouse and let the owners save some money on travel?

I do get your logic and it does make sense, but there's lots of other details to consider. Pep Boys most likely won't be able to serve as a receiving and distribution point (I think I asked about Pep Boys a while back too on the forum). I can see nightmares occurring if say 30 Elios were delivered to an unaffiliated warehouse. Lots of liability and chance for failure there, possible vandalism to the vehicles, etc.

For owners that can't get or don't want to get to Shreveport, plans would be made to ship the vehicle to a location as close as possible to the owner. And sure, if they learn of say 5 owners' cars that all get done within a few days of each other and the owners live within 50 miles of a certain location, all owners would meet there on a certain day at a certain time. But I would think it would be the trucking company that would work with the owners to sign papers and deliver the vehicle? Maybe not.

I just predict too many logistical and legal problems with Elio partnering with different companies to house cars for up to a week and owners pick up their car from there. It's a good thought and a good idea! :-)

Looking forward to reading others' opinions on this.

Reaction score
Good to here you still have all your arms and legs.:)

Good here too, I hear, lol. Good to see ya Craig on this subject. What do ya say OHIO FOLKS. We want them delivered to central area locations (Columbus & Cleveland) ? Sound good to me, specially if I got a wait for daughter's vehicle. She only had a hundred buck down on it. I am guessing hers will be a few months into production. Or hubby and I could have ours delivered and we can trip down to see hers built. I can play with this.

Ol' Blue

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I read somewhere last night that they expect to call 'a few weeks' before our cars will be built to lock in our options. Doesn't leave much time to plan or to get cheap air fare. I may go down with my youngest son and make an adventure out of it. I'm afraid if I take my wife, and the 17 hour trip home is uncomfortable from the back seat, it'll be a loooooonnnng 17 hours, for the both of us. My son can just glue himself to his electronics and headphones and be quite content.

Seems like I saw somewhere that we would be contacted like 2 months prior to our Elio being built to choose options ... I'll have to see if I can dig that up ...

Top Bottom